Skip to content

question about tiers system/ T2

edited August 2013 in Need Help
Hello!

I have few questions about tier 2 setup with mix of keywords on tier 1 (to homepage and to internal pages). 
Example : unique highly spun article for weight loss niche used on tier 2. On tier 1 used only unique articles, but niched articles. 

t1 - 1st article: article keyword "weight loss diets" (with deep link to my site to article optimized for "weight loss diet") (i mean internal link)
t1 - 2nd article: article keyword "weight loss exercise" (with deep link to article on my site optimized for this keyword)
t1 - 3nd article: article keyword "weight loss supplements" (with deep link to my site to article optimized for "weight loss supplements")
t1 - 4nd, 5nd, 6th article: article keyword "weight loss", link to homepage (which optimized for weight loss)

article on tier 2/3/4 is quality spun, optimized for main keyword "weight loss". 

Question is: Will it work or not? Will google transfer link juice in normal way, if in tier 2 article on primary keyword of this topic? Or T2/3/4/5 article must be on exactly same topic as T1, and I need to create own tier 2 for every keyword???

Second question: Is it ok to link T1 from T2 , T2 from T3, etc (anchors) using 40-50% urls, 30-40% generic, 20-30% of long tails (scrapped from google, with this keyword, so no exact match, only partial match anchors)?

Third question: when manual T1 ready, start T1A (10 links per url), after a week - start T2 (10 links per url), after a week T2A (10 link/url), after week T3 (10 links/url), etc? Is it correct scheme?

Thanks!

Comments

• any answer?

T2 article must be exactly same as in T1? Google checking articles texts or just primary main keywords is enough in text?
  • TL;DR, but if you are asking if t1 and t2 / t3 anchor terms need to be the same, then the answer is yes and no.

Some ppl use the same kw throughout their tiers, where as some start broad at the top and get more specific lower down.

e.g.
    T3 = Widgets
    T2 = Red Widgets
    T1 = Red Acme Widgets
  • ^ confusing as you are using lower down what id consider to be higher  up ::D. i agreed once i saw the example :)
  • Thanks! 

Is same thing valid for articles on T2/T3? 

Example : T2/T3 can use broader article, like T1-"weight loss remedies", T2-"weight loss", T3- "weight loss"?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited August 2013

@mafcra I think you are overthinking this. You want to be in the same niche for sure on all tiers, and I think it is fine to use the same terms throughout the tiers. I do, and I don't have a reason to change. I also think that if they are closely related, it is just as good a solution as well.

In your example, I don't believe that weight loss 'exercise' is the same or very close to being a weight loss 'diet'. Just because you stick weight loss in front of it doesn't mean it is 'closely' related. They are related, but I wouldn't go in that direction. If your main deal is diets or diet plans, I would do the same on lower tiers or I would do weight loss, fat loss, lose weight, etc. That means the same as diets. The Health tent is a very large tent, and some of these categories really are separate categories, and are just not close enough in my opinion. Supplements is closer than Exercise, but still not the same thing as a diet (but it is close). You really should look at synonyms like I was talking about, in my opinion.

The biggest concern you should have is that you want to have a nice carpet of different anchor terms laid down on the moneysite. Yes, you have the terms you want to rank for, but you must have the biggest % of your anchors being niche related but not the targeted terms. Say I have 4 terms I really want. I might make those 4 terms total 10%. and then the other 90% will be niche related terms, whether they be secondary, partial match, branding term, LSI, naked domain and of course some generic thrown in there as well.

• Would rather separate these keywords into multiple t1. And it's okay to just use main keyword related articles. But still, much more related articles will be better.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks, Ron! Just if it work, we can promote all internal pages via current tier2/tier3. But I understand what it better to use for t2/t3 same articles as t1 keyword (save relevancy on all tiers)

In my case all T1-> money site anchors created manually. I mostly using as anchors - domain (my site.com), brand (my site/My Site/MySite), diluted brand (Mysite.com keywords or generic like website, blog), partial match (i not using exact match for now), generic anchors - it for contextual links. Domain/Brand/Brand Diluted/Domain or Brand+generic for socialadr links. web2rule social signals drip feed.

At current time for new site I created 8 unique articles for first tiers, every article for same keyword as one of internal page. So 8 articles (1 article for root page and 7 for internal pages). Later I planning to create 5-8 articles for root MS page (1k words article on it with video/lot of pics).

So at current time I have 8 tier 1/tier 2A/Tier2 in gsa to this MS. 

Later I will add additional 5-8 unique articles for main page (will extend T1 for main kwd). How you think is it good strategy for current time? (i am in hard niche, very low comp keywords according to serp/swissmarketing, but niche really hard, something like weight loss)

***Anchors

LSI keywords and branding term. Branding term - you talking about "MySite.com/My Site primary keyword" anchors? (I using PMD, like "MainKeywordTips.com")

LSI keywords? Is it Adwords keyword tool - all keywords which not have even partial match? (any of words contained in exact match keyword)?

Is it important for us to prevent penguin at lower tiers (2+)? At current time I using for my T2/T3 - 
    35% url
    25% generic
    5% exact
    rest - : long tails (500-1000) partial match from google suggestions