Skip to content

Let SER remove unverified links?

So I'm going through and cleaning up my Tier 1 links and having SER do a verify check. I noticed that their are some links SER is marking as broken that are live links. Not a whole lot but their are some good links that SER is marking as unverified. When SER is finished running a verification check, do you click the remove all unverified links button even though it's probably gonna remove some live ones in the process?
Tagged:

Comments

• I just want to ad that I am verifying links my selecting project > show urls > verified > than selecting verify button in bottom left. Just to clarify SER is unable to verify some of my live links and than marks them in red. Is everybody just clicking the remove unverified links option at the end of the verification check? I really don't want to lose some of my article links that SER is not able to verify but not sure what else to do?
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    You lose some links in time, and i think it is better to remove those.. Yea, it can be sometimes that the server is not responding and that's why ser can't re-verify, but it's small and natural loss.. In my opinion it is better to remove those links as you can get clear impression on how many links you lose and also if you start building next tier there is no point in creating tier to links that do not exist
  • Thanks Donchino for the response. I had SER start removing all unverified. I guess I just have to lose some good ones in the process.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    What @donchino said is correct. It is a choice of the lesser of two evils. You either waste a lot of tier links on links that do not exist, or you lose a few real alive links where there are server side issues, etc that result in some 'false negatives'. It is far better to re-verify and kick out a few live links than the other way. Just remember that you are creating mass links, and it is an imperfect process, so don't sweat the small stuff.