Skip to content

Why Getting Already Parsed when I have NOT run these URL's?

edited July 2013 in Need Help
I ran a list of scraped blogs (contextual blog posts) through my 3 tears.

On T1 I had PR set at a min of PR4
T2 and T2 I allowed any PR

As time has gone by targets are getting harder to find, I've decided to allow t1 to use domains
with a PR of 3.

I set min PR on T1 from PR4 to PR3 and re loaded JUST the PR3 domains from the initial run.

I was surprised when all of them produced an "already parsed" message.

None of these domains had been posted to on T1 before because the PR was too low on them before I reset it, so why the already parsed message?
Is the already parse message a global thing?

How can I get around it, must I delete history (would rather not)

Any ideas?

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    You're going to have to lower your filters. There just aren't enough targets at those levels. 
  • I improrted the targets manually and i did lower filters did you read my post?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited July 2013

My educated guess is:

Yes, the URL's were 'parsed' in the sense that it looked at those targets already and it didn't meet the PR criteria.

So now you decide to change the PR benchmark. But the problem is that SER already has processed/parsed this URL - and now it's in history.

I don't think there is any way around deleting the history. In fact, I think this is exactly what @sven envisioned as an example of why you want to clear out your history.

I remember him writing on here about a slightly different example but very similar (it was a long time ago and hope I am getting it correct). I think it was where a user imported a bunch of targets, but didn't have that engine turned on at the time. So those targets were processed when there was 'no engine' and were basically parsed but no dice. So to allow them to be processed with that engine turned on, you need to clear the history. I think that is very similar to your situation. 

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Of course I read your post! As per

"As time has gone by targets are getting harder to find, I've decided to allow t1 to use domains
    with a PR of 3.

I set min PR on T1 from PR4 to PR3 and re loaded JUST the PR3 domains from the initial run."

--> Those are still high filters and will give you many already parsed errors. (since all of the higher PR sites as well as all the PR N/A sites that got rejected due to PR filter have been parsed before since it's using the same footprints to try and find more targets) 
  • edited July 2013
    Sorry @Alex R I did not understand it labeled them as used even if they were simply "processed"...

That really sucks! I ran a monster scraped list of one of my favorite platforms through there.
    I really doubt there are many left :(

@Ron thanks for the explanation, I get it now.

Now I face a conundrum....

I'll probably have to bid that platform farewell..... 

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I would just delete target url history and cache and run them through again.