Skip to content

Why Is Number of Running Threads Always So Low?

Hey guys,

I was hoping someone can shed some light on this issue I've been having.  I'm getting really low LPM (running just 1 project at the moment), and I noticed that the # of running threads is always A LOT lower than the # of threads I specified in the options tab. 

I have the # of threads set to 300, but the number of running threads rarely gets over 30.  Usually it gets up to 30, and then it slowly decreases all the way down to 5-4-3-2-1, etc... before jumping back up a little bit again.  But even when it jumps back up, it's only reaching 30-35 threads before winding all the way down again.  Why won't it run consistently at a high # of threads?  Why does it have to wind all the way down to 0 threads before opening new threads?

Here's my settings:

Dedicated Server
1 Project
4 Search Engines Selected
100 Private Proxies
300 Threads
All Engine Types Selected (except a few)
HTML Timeout = 45
Time Between Search Queries = 30 sec
Put keywords in quotes in search queries (selected)
Captcha Breaker (no secondary service used)

Anyone have any idea why my setup would be running soooooo slow?  Or why I never reach anything close to 300 active threads?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Comments

• "put keywords in qoutes" plus "always use keywords" selected?
    if thats the case than monitor your log and whenever you get a message that SER is searching then right click that message and click "copy URL" or "open URL". you will learn that you don't get that many search results at all so SER don't has any target URLs to post to which results in low thread usage.