Skip to content

GSA VPS & Proxies, should I use?

Hi, I'm a medium range user for GSA, I'm letting it run everyday, but Im not spamming to 10k sites each day, the most is 2-5k per day. So should I buy private proxies for that? If yes. recommended how many proxies monthly to buy? Or can I just use premium public proxies from hidemyass.com?
What about VPS? How does it help my work actually?
I'm currently using VPN from hidemyass, which only 1 IP each time I change. So is it good or I should go for other services like proxies and VPS?
Last question, what if I dont use any of them, what will happen to my site? Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• HMA and other VPS will ban you if they find out you're doing SEO.

Private or Semi-Private proxies make a massive difference - I'm currently testing Rightproxy.com which is a slightly better public proxy service.

Running the same optimised version of SER with Rightproxy gives me about 10-20 lpm, where as with semi private proxies I get 200+

You should get at least 10 for every 100 threads you are running although the consensus at the moment is to get more as Google seems to be banning them quicker.

• Hi, is that mean every 100 threads, I should change to new proxies? Then semi-private or private proxies would be too expensive for me. Because I have to run several thousands each day. How about VPN?
  • Sorry for multiple comments, here is my another question, what if Google banned my IP or proxies? What will happen? Will the submission of threads still continue or?
  • edited July 2013
    @reeve95545 you don't need to change proxies, he said if you use 100 threads you need 10 proxies (200 threads / 20 proxies etc...).
    If google ban your IP you cannot scrape new targets (you have to wait for unban), but SER can still use global lists and submits to your previously identified/verified targets (or you can directly import your own scraped lists).
  • If you run SER at 200 threads, you need a min of 20 semi private proxies, but I'd suggest you get 40 or 50.

If you have SER optimised, and are running enough projects, at 200 threads you will have the potential to do about 200k submitted links per day, which you could get 10k-30k live links per day.

I'm certain you will never get to those levels running public proxies.

If Google bans your proxies, typically you can let them rest for a while and then start using them again once they've been tested as working.  On occasion (more so more recently) Google will totally ban them and then you will need to talk to your proxy provider to get some new ones.

• Is "thread" considered as "project"? If so, since Im just submitting close to 5 thousands links per day, and up to 10 threads (projects). Thus, 10 semi-private proxy would be fine right?
    How about VPN? Anyone used them before?
  • A project is the bit where you set up the sites to post to and the content you want to post.

The number of threads is the total number of tasks SER can do at any one time.  It's the "T" number in the bottom left of SER.  If you click it, you can then increase / reduce your threads depending on your setup.

• edited July 2013
    No, threads aren't projects, it's a setting in global options to adjust the number of concurrent actions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_(computing)
  • WAW you guys are really helpful in this forum! So then I guess I should get 10 semi dedicated proxies. I think I only run 30 threads at most at any one time :)
  • 10 should be fine for 30 threads
  • Here is another problem. When I have 2 projects. I finished 1 earlier and I create another new one. When I press START, both started, when i press STOP, both stopped. So what should I do to prevent this from happening? Since I couldn't wait for the quick answer, so I have deleted the old project, but I would like to know how can I prevent this in the near future :)
  • You need to set the projects to active or inactive.

Start by reading the manual and then read through the various threads listed here:
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/3204/my-compiled-list-of-tips-notes-threads-resources-for-using-ser
  • Yes I have set them to active or inactive, but it's still will response altogether :(
  • @davbel

It means you don't use VPN at all? Only proxies?

I thought that if we use GSA without VPN we would have problems with our ISP. The ISP would not detect our activities? 

Thank you. 
  • MrXMrX Germany
    Why would you want to use a VPN ? It will most likely just slow down your submissions as the traffic has to go trough the VPN servers. I am not quite sure as I havent used VPN for a long time but I guess they dont want you to do anything like SEO as well as the ISP.
    Never had any problems with just using proxies, public or private