Skip to content

outlook.com email filters require PV .....catchall will work?

Yesterday i notice a dramatic drop in the number of verified links.
I went over and test some of the email accounts i use from outlook.com i found junk folders with thousands of emails.
I found out that rules are not working anymore and require phone verification.
This is the massage in the rule window in the lower section:
 "This feature is currently disabled. We're trying to discourage spammers - sorry to get in your way.

Verify your account and you'll be able to use this and all other features right away."

When click on verify is asking for a PV.

In the past i was using catchall setup using Google App. Still i don't know how SER will respond concerning account verification when multiple emails are delivered from the same website for multiple projects in a single inbox. 

Any suggestions?

Comments

• You have to create the rule before you receive a message telling you are recceiving too many mails, that screen that sais that you have to click to continue. So you have to create the rule when your mail account is just created.

So you will sort it out :)
  • I did all the accounts were functioning for moths without any problem.

• That will work for accounts that not receive that warning i tell you
  • Maybe you did not understand what i am trying to say, creating the rule is the first thing i do when i create an account.
    The accounts were functioning and redirecting everything to the inbox  till yesterday. 

If you go now and create a new account and try to create a filter you will get the message at the bottom saying 

"This feature is currently disabled. We're trying to discourage spammers - sorry to get in your way.
    Verify your account and you'll be able to use this and all other features right away."

When you click on verify your account is asking for phone verification.

• edited July 2013
    I just created an outlook.com account and it appeared the spam rule got created. I am testing it right now and it appears to be working. I just went and signed up at http://spamsignup.com to try and get some spam at that address. I'll report back later with what I find.

As far as I know the phone verification is just for the forwarding option. As that option is grayed out.
  • I scan a lot of messages all the same....... microsoft smart screen
    see picture below

• rofl didnt know there was a spamsignup site... Someone's Trash is Someone's Treasure