Skip to content

How To Best Use Verification On First Tier?

edited June 2013 in Need Help
image    image

I have a project to my money site that I need to keep as tight and safe as possible. 
I have read folks like to set verify to 5 days to make sure they stick and to help avoid 
building more tiers to those dead links.

However, I am worried if I do this on my first tier I could get far too many verified links while waiting
those 5 days to actually verify them and far overrun my target number of links per day.

On this first test I set the project up to verify automatically, now it's stopped for the day
and half of the links are already missing.

What is the best way to handle this situation on this first tier?

Obviously having dead links in an upper tier would be a huge waste of time and resources,
yet I can not risk blasting hundreds of links per day.

How can I best accomplish what I want?

It seems to me re-verify would clean up those dead links, but it does not seem to be re-verifying them. 
It is kinda looking like it's done for the day.

Comments

• Might be odd approach but...

why not build those safe and important links manually.... this way you can control quality, when you post/etc.

AND then nuke the hell out of them with GSA ;-)

If project is that important, nothing short of manual link creation will help you. IMHO.

Btw, re-verification works. If you leave verification settings on auto and GSA is running 24x7, there is time when it re-verifies them too.

Hope it helps!
  • Thanks Steve, I would do manual submissions, but I need to build quite a few links to balance out my anchor profiles. 

I have zenblogger I could use to make those 1st tier links I suppose.

• Sven JUST released an update where he addressed the re-verification issue, so must have not been working as it should :)

• Well, my developer likes to say - there is always one more bug :D

Hope it fixes your issue.

In any case, even if site is sensitive/new, you can open up whole link building campaign with a massive good high authority social bookmarks/signal campaign - there are plenty services that offer diggs, reddits, stumbles/etc. Never hurts a site. That's how I usually start, then good quality web 2.0's, then lower tiers with GSA. Works every time even post P2.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited June 2013

The T1 links should be set to verify automatically at 1440 minutes. Most of us have enjoyed success using the formula to build 'x links submitted per day'. The overall tendency is to have a global verify-to-submit- ratio of about 20%. So if you want to build 10 verified links per day, then you submit 50 per day.

People that have screwed around with 'verified per day' have gotten some nasty surprises with too many links being built. @sven just brought up in another thread that if you do the 'verified per day' deal, then you may want to have verification set to every hour, etc. That way it nips things in the bud quickly.

No one on here has been advising to set a T1 to verify in 5 days. That is just incredibly dumb - for the reasons you stated above. Most here do 'submitted per day' on 'automatic 1440 minutes'

As far as re-verify, I do that manually once per week. Takes about 45 minutes depending on how many links you have to verify. Just stop SER, make all projects inactive, highlight all projects, right click, show URL's>verify>verify all URL's. It really isn't necessary more than once a week. If you do it within the project using one of those tick boxes, it will definitely slow down your posting.

I usually have all T1,T2,T3 set to verify automatically every 1440. On all the junk tiers like T1A,T2A,T3A, I disable verification, and usually do that once per week (manually) right before I re-verify. And to be quite honest, the only thing that needs re-verification are the T1T2T3 tiers as they have other links blasting at them, so you want to weed out the dead ones. As far as the junk tiers, I only re-verify solely to keep my project sizes smaller on SER and take up less memory - no other reason. 

• Awesome answer, thanks!
  • edited June 2013
    @ron , you said "The T1 links should be set to verify automatically at 1440 minutes" - I don't think that this exists.
    If it's automatically that the minutes doesn't meter. The verification will occur every few minutes. You can't modify the minutes box if you set verification to Automatically.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    If it is set to a different number, then just change the one setting to Custom, and then you can change the minutes. Then you can stick it back on Automatic.
  • All clear now. Thank you.
  • @ron, @sven, If it is set to Automatic doesn't it ignore the number that was previously entered?
  • i have the same question.... what is the default minute for Automatic?
  • Automatic is based on the value in the script if I'm not wrong (verify interval=) and differs from engine to engine.
  • I did a lot of test. If it's Automatic it will ignore the number near it.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited June 2013
    @ron I keep seeing you saying this but, how do you set them to verify automatically at 1440 minutes??? Surely Automatically means instantly. Do you mean Custom Time > 1440 minutes? For me if I select Automatic the minute box is greyed out.

I saw you said 'If it is set to a different number, then just change the one setting to Custom, and then you can change the minutes. Then you can stick it back on Automatic.' but to me this makes no sense. Can you please clarify?
  • royserparoyserpa (URL and Domain Deduped!) GSA SER VERFIED Lists! => http://gsa-verified-list.royserpa.com/
    @ron @FatSteve

Would you advise to build 1st tier with SERengines?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Yes I meant custom 1440. Automatic was stuck in my brain. Plus I cloned everything off one template that said automatic 1440 so that's how all that got started.

As to ser engines and their process I can't speak from experience so you have to ask the users. As far as their web properties, yes, they are solid.