Skip to content

Is This A Bug? Really Low Verified With SER v5.9x

ronron SERLists.com

I want to find out if anyone else is having extraordinarily low verified %'s lately. The only way to tell if a problem is real is if others are seeing the same thing.

Previously, I was getting about 15% - 20% verified on T1 Projects. Those are the only ones I have set to verify every day as all my kitchen sinks are disabled. I have always been in this general range since I bought SER a year ago.

Now all I am getting is 5%. This is a dramatic plunge, essentially a loss of 70% of link building.

My gut is not to believe that suddenly I am down to 5% verified. My instincts are that SER is not finding the good links in the verification process. For some reason that is easier for me to believe.

Please post here if you have seen this behavior in the last week or so. Thanks!

Comments

• I used to be slightly lower 10-15% verified / submitted ratio.

Recently I'm down to about 5% I haven't found any reason for why this is the case.  I rolled back to version 5.89 and it seems slightly better.
  • Verification rate is not impressive for me either. Lastly I am worried more about keeping GSA running stably due to regular freezes. I noticed on some of my projects that numbers of verified links are decreasing faster than increasing. My submission rate generally started dropping since about 2 weeks ago so I was tweaking settings around to see how I can keep things flying. After the latest tweaks today everything seems running good so far. 
  • facing the same issues here... 

I hope Sven can sort this out and get us back on track

• Just checked my verified too and can confirm the same results.

I am back on 5.89 too.
  • @sven do you believe this is a bug not tracking verified properly, or there's something in system thats making verified links less?

I'm too getting around 5% verified / submitted ratio. 

Thanks

• edited June 2013
    my problem is even bigger
    it can not identify captcha while it is right there. i am running in debug mode and checking saved html file by GSA ser and recaptcha is there. when i open with my browser captcha is there. but gsa ser fails to find recaptcha url.

my ratio also extremely low and i have to completey disable verification while running. otherwise thread count keep decreasing.

I believe as the project grows and get bigger, something really slowing it down. i dont know possibly accounts.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Keep an eye on your engine stats. Im not running fully optimised at present, testing some engines to add a bigger footprint

Cant be bothered doing the % maths on that, its a Sunday :D

Cpu usage seems a lot higher at present, so you might need to drop your threads down. Im down from 250 to 200 for a better submission rate

• LeeG which proxy provider are you using with how many proxies ?

i have 24 gb ram and 16 cores but can not even get pass 50 mbit usage - has 100 mbit dedicated

Well that's your downfall, first thing you talk about is high spec

Ram, anything over 4 to 6 gig is wasted on ser

CPU is good for captcha cracking and should enhance ser

I get 40 shared private proxies from proxy hub every month

100 mbt connection should be more than enough, I don't normally peak over 20 mbt

Im running at a steady 10 to 11 mbt at the moment

• i see. well i started using public proxies. currently have 220 lpm. but verified is 3000 / 43000 so far.

how many root domain are you getting actually that is what important

also i know extra ram is waste but there were 1 great deal so i got.

Public proxies, says it all

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry I don't see where the problem might be here. I need some more details to work on. If you have something, I can try to fix/Debug...else it's just a "feeling".
  • @yavuz i'm sure the public proxies are screwing with your verified percentage, never had good experience with those.

• I'm having a much lower verified rate on shownews footprint as of the latest version. Anyone else? 
  • now when I start a new project, I'll get a minimum of 6k submitted and no verified yet, this is starting to happen on all of my projects
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I'm glad this discussion has started. I really think this is one of the most important variables that hasn't been tested enough. I really think that there should be a column with % verified or under the statistics an option to see % verified for each platforms across the VPS. (like under tools but something in an easier format where we don't have to export, neaten data, and the manually graph in excel). It needs to be per platform as each platforms verified rate is so different. 

So you could have a tab called "Stats" and it allows you to:
    1) select platforms
    2) select platform types. (e.g articles, social bookmarks, etc)
    3) Select timeline

and it would then show you a graph with the verified %. If you saw a sudden dip we could all post screenshots of the graph and identify which version of SER caused it if at all. It would also allow us to quickly see which platforms need improvement or should be deselected. 

@sven - would this be possible? (basically, take the data from the Tools stats, and make it into a graph form within SER and add a timeline so we can track changes over time) 
  • @Ron did you solve this problem? how is your verification rate now?
  • i'm still having this issue who else is still experiencing this?  my guess it's a bug as lots of people are all experiencing this from scrolling through the threads.

who is not experiencing this and submitting over 100k links a day and have they noticed any changes in the recent version updates?

thanks.
  • edited June 2013
    same problem here

been noticing this for 3 weeks now -_-

• edited June 2013
    I have the same problem with some projects, not all of them. What's strange is that the ones with problems are duplicates with new email of the ones that work, so I can't find a real reason for this. I'll investigate more tomorrow with emails. I'll check the emails by hand as ser said that all are ok.

P.S.: I'm using only global sites list.
  • Right click -> show verified urls, see actual numbers at bottom right. 

There is bug (random verified numbers) with the group options but not really something major to fix. 

@ovidius those are really low rates not sure what to tell you
  • I'm also having this problem. Started noticing a much lower rate of verified links recently. Previously I was getting at least 3x what I'm getting now. The thing is I have not really changed much in the project settings
  • I"m trying to debug this more.

For people experiencing this problem are they using hotmail emails (same email address repeated for tier 2/tier 3's?)

or are they using the additional email software that was available on this forum?
  • WaiWai
    edited June 2013
    same here.. verified links drop from around 10% to 5% and I am using catchall from my own domains only.  

In fact, I used to mix public and private proxies - public+private for search engines and private for submit and verified. Yesterday I set them to all my 20 private proxies and since then it's always "download failed" and it cannot get to search engines for target urls.  I've checked my firewall settings. Scrapbox proxy test all went successful and I can harvest urls from G.  I wonder if there is subtle problems with private proxy handling.  

This moment I just mixed public and private proxies again and there is a mix of in-progress and "download failed".
  • BlazingSEOBlazingSEO http://blazingseollc.com/proxy
    I use private proxies and my verifications have dropped a LOT as well :/