Skip to content

Ability to roll back to previous versions

edited August 2012 in Feature Requests
Can you consider including the ability to install previous versions. This would help greatly in situations where ther is an unexpected bug in a new update. It will also help me sleep better at night. For example, Sven has an emergency which takes him away from his computer, right after releasing an update with a bad bug -we all have to wait and pray. Thanks.

Comments

• I've wanted this as well, or at least the ability to download previous versions from the website.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Comon during all the updates, this has happened maybe twice where a terrible bug happened. I recognized it and almost instantly released an update to it. I don't think this is required.
  • With all due respect, I think GSA is an amazing app and you are a genius developer. But if something happens to you(like unexpected illness) and the timing is wrong, a lot of customers are going to be let down if they can't roll back to a "stable" version - the whole ship is going to sink. Just something to keep in mind.
    I've been in the IT biz for 20 yrs and I've seen it all. Thanks.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    From 4.02 on you have a backup of the previous main executable in the installation folder (also linked to start menu). Thats all I can do.
  • Thanks. That is awesome!!