Skip to content

Change Tags

Hi GSA Dev Team.!

Please change the all platform tags %keywords% to %random_anchor_text%

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Naw, I don't think thats a good idea. Many people however did that on there own and changed there engine files. I think keywords should after all be still related to the project's niche.
  • You're Right Sven..

But many peoples using keywords from words database for (Footprint + Keyword) harvest urls in search engines..But GSA also Takes Keywords as Tags for all engines.. so we need to edit scripts for all engines every GSA Update..that's i shout for change tags keywords to anchor texts or else...
  • I agree with OP.. On contextual projects, if I have search engines enabled there are only X locations available with niche specific keywords. Being they are contextual platforms I want to find the most targets, and sometimes use keywords that would be considered "spam" to do so. However when I do this GSA tags the posts using these spam keywords and the posts end up in a tag/category related to spam... So unless we want to have the posts tagged as spam keywords, we are reducing the number of sources able to be found.
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    you are able to modify your scripts.

just search for %keyword% and/or %keyword%, %keyword%, %keyword% within your scripts and change it to your preferences.
  • Thanks Ozz Already i knew that...
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited May 2013

I'm sure that there are programming concerns at stake here. For the record, I am not one to push for every little kiddie feature. Plus I never complain (patting myself on the back).

I just wish the tags were a separate field as it does diminish the value of certain posts and links when those tags are not relevant.

We are forced to make tradeoffs, like a) update certain engines all the time, or b) restrict the keywords to much smaller, niche-relevant lists which limits the hunt for targets, or c) we say to hell with it, and use completely unrelated larger keyword lists that leave us with crappy tags, which could hurt our effort.

Of all the things I see discussed on this forum, and if you asked me to pick only one thing to change, this would be the most helpful thing from a linkbuilding/seo perspective, in my opinion. Hopefully this is programmable and on the to-do list.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    next version has an option to either use anchor texts or keywords for tags.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    +1 Thank you, thank you! =D>
  • Nice job Sven, thanks a lot!!!
  • Good add @Sven
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thank You! :-)