Skip to content

Verified URL's + Page Rank

edited September 2012 in Need Help
Just a few issues I've recently found since update 4.16. I tend to keep a close eye on my verified links and the PR of the page that they are dropped on. Since the 4.16 update the 50% of the links have been the incorrect PR. Half the verified links show as PR1 and above in GSA, but every tool I use shows a PR0 or N/A (this includes chrome add-ons, scrapebox and web tools). I never had this problem prior to this update where the PR was always spot on, but it mentions in the update that the PR check has been improved, and this issue seems to have stemmed since then. 

Also, the true verification of a link is also quite often incorrect. For example, at 10:56 this morning I had a verified PR2 blog comment pop up. At 11:15 I went to have a look at the site to realise it's not actually there. I verified this with scrapebox link checker. The PR was also incorrect. I think 10 minutes is too soon to be checking for links. I would be good if there was a sliding scale so the user could choose as to when GSA should start the verification process.

Saying this, the latest updates have been amazing otherwise. This software is running like never before, but these issues (especially the PR one) are a bit annoying for me as I like to keep tight reigns on my projects. 

Just wondering whether anyone else has experienced the same? 

Comments

• I've done a few checks, pr stated in the verified list is the same pr I get manually. 
    Are you considering that it is domain pr and not page pr?
  • All my projects are set as page pr. Here's an example:

According to gsa I've posted a blog comment on that link (my site isn't there, and no it's not the oriental rug one) and that the page is a PR3. Everything I use shows it as a PR0

Another page GSA says I have a link on and says is a PR2. I have as a PR0

These are just a couple from a growing list. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well all I do is the exact query to get the PR as your Chrome (terrible browser by the way) or others do. All I can rely on is the data that is returned by google itself. If there is something wrong, it might be due to PR coming from a different data center (the data center chosen might related to the proxy).
  • It's very offtopic but @Sven what do you don't like at Chrome beside it's from Google itsefl and spys users? I was a heavy Firefox user, but its a huge performance difference between Chrome and Firefox.
    I dislike exactly that it is from google ;) I dislike the influence that google has on everything or tries to get everything under there control (browser, payment system, search engine, mobile market...). I think there is nothing anymore where they don't try get there hands on.
  • Appreciate the reply Sven. My main concern was that it seems to be a recent issue. Believe me, I'm quite anal when it comes to checking my backlinks and making sure they're live and match what GSA says, but not come across this before. GSA is one of very few programs that I trust to create high quality backlinks direct to my money site, due to the tight restrictions that the user can set. 

There's also the wrongly verified links. I'm thinking this is probably just keen webmasters deleting comments quickly. What would be your take on this? 

Anyway, it's Saturday night. Step away from the computer and go get yourself a well earned beer or three mate. 

Haha thanks for the last sentence. I will do so in some hours (finally a party again in my town that plays my music...goth).

Anyway I have nothing changed in the PR resolving for many many version. If there is a bug (I don't think so really) it must be there from the beginning. Maybe you can give me some URLs of where this happens in pm and I will run a submission here to see if there is anything wrong.

That webmasters delete the links is really a conman thing. Nothing we can do here. 

• @Bytefaker
    http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php. Iron is Chrome "without Google". You should give it a try.