Skip to content

wordpress.com deleting blogs

edited April 2013 in Other / Mixed
Well, for some sure not new, but maybe for others...

WP just deleted 2 of my one-page web20 blogs...(uniqhe, high qual article(vid,picture,etc), one backlink to main site)..

I recheck monthly all my free-blogs and two were gone...

Just keep your eyes out and use this tool:

http://www.scrapebox.com/free-link-checker

So, back to SER now ;-)

thought squidoo was rough (so I never used it), but WP seems horrible too..

the "rest" sticks: tumblr, livejournal, blogspot

filed a complaint, but thats just "for fun".. ;-)

Comments

• There is another thread related to self-serving posts.  How about trying to create a 'resource post' on wp, i.e. post multiple links in the post, to topically related but different domains.
  • somehow I am lost.... can you give more details?
  • Yeah...WP can be bad about deleting blogs sometimes. Tumblr can be bad too.
  • What I am saying is that WP is trigger happy to delete self-serving posts.

So one strategy is to do informational post first, and do a few more info posts, and then come back in later with a self-serving post (i.e. linking to your site, kind of obivous self-promotion).

The other idea is to do resource posts, i.e. link to multiple sites, not only to your money sites.

Can combine the above.

Also... WP deletes posts on certain topics almost automatically.

• edited April 2013
    I've heard from trusted sources that tumblr will delete your blog as soon as you have some traffic!
  • ^^ Wrong

I think getting 2000 UV per day is a good traffic for any tumblr blog and my tumblr is getting such traffic from past 2 months...
  • Also if any1 reports that you send spam links on wordpress blogs you got del...
  • @gittar1122 - you ranked your tumblr blog with SER?
  • @kinglouie yes ranked by using SER only :)
  • edited April 2013
    i think it depends on your content ... they HATE affil links ! ... only had problems with blogs i had affil links on ... rest never got killed... ... doh just checked my sites with the posted tool above .. one webs got frozen..
  • no affili links.. just a good article with a backlink with anchor text...to moneysite. even included  a outbound wiki link, video and picture ...

must be automated triggered, cause some other WP-one-post-backlink-blogs are still there

I mailed them, if not response in 48 hours, I will clean up the mess and recycle the article tothe moneysite...

got that "free blog buffer site"SEO-thing from some other SEO geezer....

never believed in it myself...

and those project hat have those buffer sites somehow dont rank.. the other site that have no buffer "web.20" rank in google.....

too much hazzle for low comp atm..

thats seo: stick to what WORKS and what YOU LIKE doing..... test test test...

there are approx 900 indexed (!) links now out there pointing the the site. sad, value lost...

never mind.. like I said, if they dont get it back, I recycle the article..

they didnt even bother to send a mail "your blog is suspended".. - simple shut it off.. great..

• They delete millions of posts every day, they actually boast of that.  So as you say, maybe an automatic spam filter was triggered.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited April 2013
    Did you write it all yourself , and was it in German? If you wrote it in English they maybe thought you were using spintax, no offence intended... :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I bet it was Akismet. I posted on this a while ago. Basically, on the network you got flagged as too many links pointing to your blog that looked spam. Easy, for WP, go to source, remove WP blog. Problem solved for them.

You need to be carfeful of the links you send to WP blogs. 
  • on some of these web 2.0 blog thing si once just wrote a manual intro post no links or anything just basicall.. hello welcome to my blog called... in this blog you will find info on blahahaha........... then clicked publish banned.

and i had same problem with wordpress blog posted 20 high quality hand written artcles then posted a artcle with 1 link to my main site then instantly banned... i emailed the support and got email saying nothing wrong with my artcles but please remove link..... i said naaaaaaaaaaah along with a load of abuse. weridly though the posts where still accessible through the urls so bascially wordpress stole the content i wrote and was still being read and indexed but i was allowed to then delete the posts.. and move the content.

i bet they dont do this if you pay them £155555555555 a month for there rubbish hosting?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I don't think it's the content on WP that causes issues but the links you fire at the WP blog. Would be an interesting test to see if that is the case. 
  • it would be interesting what would happen then if you negative seod all wordpress blogs? 
  • edited April 2013
    no response from them......

wont do that WP.com freeblog stuff again. waste of time. If I cant rank a site with with SER, then freeblogs wont help me anyhow

@content: I read from someone that got his blog deleted that payed for WP.com hosting......

I dont like those big 3rd party US services... they just ban, close, give not warning, no mail at all..

@AlexR ........ yes, could be some blog comments causing akismet flags...... In my early SER days I did a lot of BlogComments to the freeblogs.

sad, I dont have a recent backup of those 2 articles as I found out :-(
  • WP support is overreacting to complaints. I had a situation when some jerk posted negative comments about my client on his WP blog. I filled a complaint and they deleted his 2-years old blog within 12 hours.

Squidoo doesn't like direct spam links. I had a few lens deleted by Squidoo, because I spammed them to death with Xrumer (about 100k links per lens).
  • still no response from those suckers.. this we2.0 buffer site, i nver liked it and stopped using.
  • Wordpress is a great website engine but 

wordpress.com is really bad. They ban many websites without warning. I don't remember if they delete posts as well in admin. I just remember they disabled one of my account. I don't trust them and i advise everybody to move somewhere else if you already have wordpress blogs because when it hits, it hurts. 

Furthermore, i guess we can't remove the link wordpress.com at the bottom.

On the other hand, if blogger blocks a website, the posts are still available in admin area. Furthermore, they don't "kill your account". Blogspot is much better.

• Might want to check your Livejournal sites.  Have a look at your robots.txt to see if any search engines are allowed.

Just read from someone else that all sites are blocked and they run a points based system that uses activity levels to make sure you are not a bot.

Hardly surprising that we get our self serving links deleted on these platforms. Do it manually with a variety of posts and wait to post your own link. It's not that difficult really and the top sites are worth having a link or two from.
  • This is also why it is important to create multiple blogs on multiple blog hosting plateform. You will care less if you have many web 2.0 blogs. 

I think there is nothing we can do against it. If they want to take blog down, they can do it. 

I said blogspot is better because they don't delete your blog if they ban it. It is accessible in private and you can copy and paste the article to another blog. Plus, i have never been banned with blogspot. At last, i was also able to remove their url in the footer.