Skip to content

Importing Target URLS

edited September 2012 in Need Help
A few questions about features, I've not really seen much information on.

1) Importing Target URLS - (See image below) I use this feature to Import Lists of URLS mainly competitor backlinks in the hopes that GSA will some how be able to post on some of these sites.  Just have a few questions that I have been wondering about.
-A) Is it worth me doing this?
-B) How can I tell if it's successful or not, for example if I import 10,000 backlinks from a competitor?
-C) If I import a backlink that GSA is able to post on but it's not related to my keywords, will GSA still try to post on that link?
-D) Do I need to deeplink to the actual page of place I want GSA to post too? For example I see lists of TLD's all over the internet would it not be worth importing those lists? If a link was www.domainname.com would GSA just search that page or would it look around the site for places it can post too?

2) Verified Number higher than Submitted Answer? how is this possible?

Comments

• For question 2: If submitted sites are verified they are moved from submitted list to verified, so if they are all verified (unfortunately not common) you would have 0 submitted and 1234 verified.
  • A> Probably, test it
    B> disable search engines so its only using the imported list, if your verfied links go up, its working!
    C> Yes, keywords are used for searching
    D> Depends on platform - comments/guestbooks etc will need exact url, forums, bookmarkes etc will search for a register page and go from there

2> When i site is verified, it is removed from the submitted column.