Skip to content

What happens if GSA-SER shuts down unexpectedly?

Good morning, GSA friends! :)

I was wondering how it affects everything if SER shuts down abruptly.

I have a keyboard with a shutdown key. I have to re-assign it, if possible, b/c it's been pressed accidentally a few times.

I've noticed SER does not show the Submitted or Verified links when I restart the program.

Is it just the totals that are affected? Anything else?

Thanks, kindly....Deeeeeeee

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    if SER is not able to quit normally, it would lose any links build from that time -5 minutes since SER keeps saving it back to hard disk like that.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Sven, why do the counters reset?

I don't know if it would be worth it, in terms of time involved, but would this be easily changeable so, like the links, the counter gets saved?

I dunno how you do it, but maybe have a Verified and Submitted  as well as aV2 and S2 as redundancy that gets saved less frequently or something?

I'm happy to know that the entire night's work wasn't lost, though... :)
    hmm what counters you mean in detail? Can you show a screenshot?
    Sven, it's the main daily counters for all projects at the absolute bottom left of the main screen, directly below the pane with messages. T: S: V:
  • If it shutdowns unexpectly, recent submissions / verified are lost. Looks like SER is saving them with an interval.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    @Deeeeeeeethats for the links submitted/build for that day.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    edited August 2019
    I know that some links were built today, I've had this machine running for a bit, at about 7 HR it shut down. :(

Usually, if I restart, and I've closed SER properly, those counts will remain until 12AM when they're reset.

"Looks like SER is saving them with an interval."

Hmm...Just wondering b/c then my charts do not reflect reality. I understand that it's a waste to update it up to the minute.

Hmm...Upon checking, I see that that charting is unaffected, and the links from today DID save. (excluding, of course, the last few mins of links, which is perfectly ok)

So, it's all good as it is. I should have checked first, assumed they were also lost in the chart.

Sorry, Sven, I know you're busy, this wasn't an issue really.