Skip to content

Do you use full target URL or shortened URL in GSA SER?

bloupbloupbloupbloup Spain
edited July 2019 in Need Help
I have a wordpress blog, and I use the shortened versions of my URL as target url in GSA SER

(i removed the http protocol to prevent editor to interpret it as a clickable url)
For example, if I want links to point to //mysite.com/this-is-a-long-url-webpage-blabla/ i would use //mysite.com/?p=200
In fact,
//mysite.com/?p=200 redirects to //mysite.com/this-is-a-long-url-webpage-blabla/ (301 redirect)

My idea would be to prevent the long full URL to be cropped on target websites. like commenting websites, guestbooks because i guess there is a limit and wordpress url can be really long.

However, I have discovered that the shortened URLs like URLs for shorteners (bit.ly) can't be seen in google search console under the links > external links category. In other words, if I adds the target URL //mysite.com/this-is-a-long-url-webpage-blabla/ in GSA SER, it will appear in 1 or 2 months in google search console. 

On the other hand, if I use //mysite.com/?p=200, it will never appear in Google search console 2 months after. 

Do you think shortened versions of url aren't taken into account by google?
Do you think I should use the full versions of the target URLs rather than the shortened versions in GSA SER?

Tagged: