Skip to content

POP DELE(xxx) FAILED -- ERR: There's no message xxx

Since about 2 weeks I have this problem on all my catchall accounts. 
First I thought it was because I have overlap - use the same catchall with different projects, then I thought it was because there were too many emails etc. But after some work, hand-cleaning all emails, running only one project and resetting data (parsed email cache) I believe the problem must be somewhere outside my control.

Here's what happens when I verify (or verify email only): 
Checking E-mail catchall@myserver.com for links (243 verifications waiting)...
Parsing 1705 E-Mails...
Parsing of .... 0% ... 100% ) with a lot of Data found, 
Deleting messages of catchalll@myserver.com done by 0%
POP3 DELE(1626) failed - ERR There's no message 1626.
--- at this point the project stalls. Seems to stop doing anything, thread count is 1.
When I finally hit STOP a host of more verification messages come.
example:
Found 722 URL(s) (720 verify, 0 login) for Wordpress Article - https://www.flexiform.co.uk in E-Mails

Very strange. Sometimes it seems to delete a few (17% for instance) and then hit that DELE error.
Note that when I hand-login into these accounts the number of emails is smaller than the DELE err number (sometimes by 2-5, sometimes by over 200). When I login before the number is higher. So it seems GSA is deleting messages successfully, but then tries to delete one of them again?

PS Does reset data - parsed email cache really do something? It always exits very quickly without any notice, and when I run it a few times with a quick Active (VE) in between, the verification always starts from the next email server, as if it would remember what it just had done...(might of course also be a question of randomization)