Skip to content

How to retrieve and save the verfication URL from email after registration

Hi @sven, there are some site require two step to activate user account after the registartion step is done.
----
First step is extracting URL from email.
Second step is open the extracted URL, then click the "activate" button to submit a form.
----

I tried to retrieve the verifcation URL from email like below:
----
[setup]
extract from email=Activation_URL

;== Sample of activate URL:
[Activation_URL]
type=extract
find url=%targethost%*/activate/*
static=1

;==first step of login step is opening the verification URL, then submit to "activate" form
[LOGIN_STEP1]
alternative url=%Activation_URL%
just download=1

Unfortunately it doesn't work, it's empty after I write the variable %activation_URL% to a local file.
Please advise, thanks in advance.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    why are you writing it to a file? it should be in the static-project file if extracted successfully.
  • Hi Sven, I tried to debug the script to find out which part doesn't work, that's why I write the %Activation_URL% to file, and I found out that %Activation_URL% is always empty...

Please advise how to save the verification URL extracted from email, and use it in the further login step?

Thanks.
    when do you write it? its only available after email verification and on login part.
  • I put it into [LOGIN_STEP1] as following:
    ----
    [LOGIN_STEP1]

alternative url=%Activation_URL%
    ;=== debug the variable
    write file="d:\test.txt" "test - %Activation_URL%"
    just download=1

-----

• Get it fixed, thanks Sven.
    alternative url is only useful when using find url/find link. As you use this only url by itself, you have to use "modify url".