Skip to content

GSA Search Engine Ranker Q re. auto decrease of theads on CPU High Load

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited August 2018 in Need Help
Greetings, everyone!

I've found this is a great feature to keep SER from going overboard on resources and freezing my system. But when the condition is met, SER drops down to like 1% CPU usage and sits there at that.

Also, using ancient binary rn  so if it's been changed since 12.19, please let me know.

If this hasn't been changed, please let me know what I can do to let this amazing feature work better. I could use it.

(related observation: I see too many scrape threads at once is demanding on my system!)

I hope you guys have all had a wonderful summer. Remember, it's not over yet! We still have a month of official Summer season. So, get your last margaritas by the pool and chill!

Comments

• Doesn't do that for me, @Deeeeeeee. It just visibly lowers the number of threads (and in turn CPU and RAM requirements) but keeps spinning on happily.

Do you have SERengines activated? What I could imagine is that you have a mix of normal threads and SERengines threads, and when they get terminated the metrics would fall beyond the necessary.