Skip to content

SDK Filter Creation Buffer Pane Request :)

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. :)

Wondering if Sven thinks it's a useful addition to place two new buttons next to Brute Force, called "Buffer" and "Unbuffer" which will remove a filter step from the current process and place it in a new pane that could go under "Max. Pixel Size" with an unlimited number of steps that can scroll down.

This box could have two checkboxes for each: Protect and Mass Unbuffer.

Protect keeps a step in the buffer forever; until unclicked it will never disappear when dumped back into a process.

Checking Mass Unbuffer will dump back all steps at once that have the second check selected for Mass Unbuffer once Dump Buffer Is Clicked. If none are checked, just dump cursor highlighted, if none then just dump back single last step buffered.

I suck at using the interface, just b/x I am just learning it, but this seems like it could be of use, either way? Thanks..

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Im sorry, I didn't quite understand. Can you maybe do it in a screenshot? I don'T know what this buffer/unbuffer and max.pixelsize should have to do?
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited April 2018
    Hey Sven. :)

I was very unclear; had a massively lousy week and was not focused.

OK. Max Pixel Size has nothing to do with this at all, but under that area is where I think the buffer box could go.

OK. What was I talking about? lol

Two new buttons that could let a user place a filter step into a buffer (located at right) so if testing filtersets, step/steps can be easily put back in.

When the P is a red circle, it means that buffer entry will not empty when dumped.
    When the Blue M Circle is there, it means choose this/these step(s) to dump, else dump l;ast entry or highlighted by cursor. Don't know if this is useful. :|

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You mean that certain filters should be removed as they have no effect? Thats whats already happening. CB is removing filters when auto optimizing it.

It will e.g. see that two threshold filters will not make much sense if used after each other.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited April 2018
    That's not exactly what I meant. Sorry I was unclear.

The buffer is just for the user, when messing around to get a good base filterset to work from to have a palatte to work from.

There's already Copy and Paste so, I guess this is covered...