Skip to content

Problems adding new proxies found by GSA SER

Hi,

If i go to search new proxies, (only search, without checking it), i get "Adding 1500000 proxies", but then finally i got that it does not add none.
What can be the problem?
As i said, i am running it without checking it (just the option to find, not the option to find + check).

Any help are welcome

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited October 2017
    Hello, @yenerich!

I would guess you have too many (good/working) proxy sources enabled and your machine is slow in adding them. 

That's way too big a batch to be usable, even. The first ones you check will be down by the time the list done checking.  Public proxies get spent!

And, it seems 1500000 is way too many...for one GSA-SER session.

You'd never need this many proxies!!

ALSO*...even with a reasonable number of proxies, you will still have to check them in some way, or else GSA-SER doesn't recognize them as usable.

To Reduce Number of Proxy Sources, go to Options-->Proxies Configure-->Add/Edit Proxy Sites-->

then choose to either:

-load the default proxy list (near the bottom right, blue text)

or

-deselect all, then add individual checkbox sources, one by one, then do the below steps,  til you reach a manageable number of good sources to load and work with, though this varies hour to hour, day to day, for each source.

Then, to Find Proxies Online, go to Options-->Proxies Configure-->Search For New Proxies-->Find Proxy Online

Let it run. It takes a few minutes, possibly, to collect and array these results.

Finally, to Check Proxies, Go to Options-->Proxies Configure-->Test-->All/Selected-->The check type you specify (Google Search, anon URL, etc...)

• Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I put that number, just like an example.

My problem is that i search for proxies and when i get the "adding xxx proxies..." at the end it does not add nothing.

And i don't understand where is the problem.

I know i should check it latter. But my problem is that its not adding a single one even if it was saying "addin xxxx proxies..." Where xxxx could be any number.

I am running latest GSA SER, but that happends even before updating.

• Finally, it adds some, i don't know why.

Thanks
    edited October 2017
    Do the numbers change in the checked/unchecked box?

Did you try restoring default sources?

Beyond that, I do not know and would hope someone else has more details for you.
    very cool! I''m happy for you that you got it to work. It's always a good feeling advancing an learning these tools.