Skip to content

Is there a way to import blog comment data into multiple projects simultaneously?

Hope everyone is having a good day!

I am trying to find a way to avoid having to enter data into the same field for multiple projects, for projects that share identical data in certain fields.

On the main GSA-SER screen, if I right-click in the projects field, I get the menu that includes (among much more)  options to both:

-edit a single parameter for settings on multiple projects

-import data into fields like articles, e-mails, and more

I couldn't find a way to import blog comments, or forum comments, on either.

Comments

• TheGypsyTheGypsy Madrid
    edited September 2017
    I'm not aware that this feature exist but anyway it isn't practical memory wise to enter long block of texts into SER. You can set up files with the comments and use macros in the fields.

What I do is I create the files I will need and put them into a directory.
    I set up a basic project I want to use for the given niche with macros pointing to the files. Then I just duplicate the basic project as many times I need and change only the fields that needs customized data.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited September 2017
    Wow. I didn't realize that you could use macros in most fields to load files. Amazing.

@TheGypsy: Thank you so much~!! I'm sure I will change all my projects over to file-based data at some point soon.

I have not yet learned any GSA-SER macros beyond the few I've used in articles and other content.

I found it in the SER Guide!!

#file[<filename or url>] or #file=<filename or url>

This macro reads the content of a file or URL.

Example: Something about myself: #file[about_yourself.dat] Output: Something about myself: I am a poor coder and need your money ;)

The macro reads the whole content of the file “about_yourself.dat” and inserts it into the text.

• purehustlepurehustle GoliathSER.com - Verified Lists, Private Proxies, Catch-all Emails
    Great find - this is actually going to save me a ton of time! Thank you!
  • Be sure to test the output before you start a project and recheck a couple of verified URLs that everything is fine and dandy. Nothing's worst than having %spinflie-C:\TheGypsy\Dropbox\spuntitles.txt% anchor text to your money site because you have made a typo or something. You can use right click>insert macro to minimize typo mistakes.
  • purehustlepurehustle GoliathSER.com - Verified Lists, Private Proxies, Catch-all Emails
    to be honest, I've always just built out a project with all the stuff i want in other projects and then duplicated the project & put in a little elbow grease to get the job done. 
    edited September 2017
    I've changed over a bunch of fields on existing projects to use files just today.

I'm actually just updating data, and so anything I'm replacing, I'm just changing that data field over to a file if it's a universal set of data used in multiple projects, like for comments or whatever.

This is definitely more efficient, especially when I want to make changes. It is not  a daunting task now.

"Nothing's worst than having %spinflie-C:\TheGypsy\Dropbox\spuntitles.txt% anchor text to your money site because you have made a typo or something. " -TheGypsy Madrid

I have had all kinds of horrible things happen. I try very hard to be on-point and find all the errors that may be lurking, but all it takes is one slip and.... lol

"...to be honest, I've always just built out a project with all the stuff i want in other projects and then duplicated the project & put in a little elbow grease to get the job done.  " purehustle GoliathSER.com

I've found this works well, also. I still plan to do this, but I'm using the files as well now.

The only disadvantage I see is backing up, I have to back-up those files now, whereas before, it was all wrapped up into one backup file. No big deal.

Also, anyone know which makes GSA-SER run faster: files or fields with data? Thanks!

• I'm not sure it's directly translated to speed. With macros SER uses less memory as it doesn't need to hold that much data in the memory which essentially makes SER faster if you push it more. But of course you need enough fast proxies and a reasonably good server.
    OK, cool.  Thank for the info.

It was just a theoretical question, I'm still learning. 

I'm nowhere near needing to try tweaking settings to get a little more speed. lol

And, like you mentioned, there are likely to be other bottlenecks.

I'm guessing it'll be my router and/or switch? We'll see. :/