Skip to content

Extra Option for "Always use keywords for search"

OzzOzz
edited February 2013 in Feature Requests
I don't know 100% for sure, but I believe if the "Always Keywords" option is checked than it will put the keywords in quotation marks ("") for an exact match.

Maybe it makes sense to add an extra option to this feature so it doesn't use the exact match operator. 

Example with "": "Article Script - Powered By Article Marketing" "Submit Articles" "german shepherd dog training"
Example w/o "":  "Article Script - Powered By Article Marketing" "Submit Articles" german shepherd dog training

If you compare those search terms in Google than you will notice quite a difference in search results.

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Sounds good Ozz

Should be good for longtail searches

• of course, one is exact the other is broad, its like scraping for various keywords combination with a single input
    this should be default option and exact (optional)
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    > this should be default option and exact (optional)
    @rodol: thats my thought, too
  • ronron SERLists.com
    +1 Agreed. You will get far less results with exact.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    option added for next version
  • In 5.18, the new feature "Option to put keywords in quotes or not", where is that option? Can't find it for the life of me.
  • you can find it under the keywoard input field, third checkbox
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Wouldn't it be neat if we also had option to "Use Related Results" with the keywords. I think Ozz requested this a while ago and been thinking how useful it would be!  :(|)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - would it be possible to move this keyword option to the "Options" page. This way we can enable it for similar project types. So you can select all secondary or all primary or all T0 or T1's and change it. Where it currently is means you have to change it per project which is tricky and very slow. Whereas, if it's in options we can select groups of projects and update it. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @GlobalGoogler do a search/replace in the *.prj files might be faster.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Yes, trying that...but opened other thread as couldn't find it all. I've moved over from doing it per project to working on .prj files directly now. Highly advisable! So much quicker!