Skip to content

GSA Search Engine Ranker 12.06 Freezes all the time

2»

Comments

• I've found if you run too many threads with Serengines you get that appcrash error. 

@Sven it would be nice if we could have max threads for Serengines with the balance of threads going to other projects.
  • @dab how many threads would you say 'too many' is?

• @bobo I think it depends on how much memory you have because Serengines starts new processes outside of SER.

For me I can run 20 usually without any problem.  It also depends on what your other projects are doing so sometimes with other projects I can run 100+.
  • @dab thanks for the follow-up. i'll play around with it and see if it helps at all. 
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas

SER should be reducing the threads when memory / cpu is above your limits set in the SER settings. Also SEREngines will reject jobs if total system memory is above 90%.

I don't believe the appcrash error is caused by the resources used otherwise your entire system will become unstable.

Can you check your total system memory while running the projects and check where it is at before the crash.

@boboThe amount of threads depends on your VPS.. The more memory and cpu you have, the more threads you can setup. People like @royalmiceare running 600 threads (and using SEREngines). The most important setting is the "Automatically decrease threads on memory + cpu". To set this correctly, open up SER without any running projects, and check how much system memory is free, then set SER to use about 80-90% of that.

• @s4nt0s thanks for your input. i had the auto decrease threads setup for memory, but not for cpu. i dont think cpu is getting over 50% though (i have the cutoff at 80%). 

and it's still crashing.

im disabling serengines completely to see if that solves the problem. 

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @bobotry turning off the thread management in SER and run SEREngines task as well.. I don't think the bug has anything to do with resource usage, but maybe something in thread management or something else.
  • @sven ive updated the program to the latest version and it's still crashing every few minutes.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sorry but I can't do anything now, i there really is some bug, it has to wait till Im back from vacation. Though you always have the previous version linked to he start menu.