Skip to content

How do I block the distribution to a specific I.P. address

Hi,

Perhaps it's a silly question, but I can't seem to find the exact feature In GSA-SER which would block a specific I.P. address from being posted to (and subsequently to all of the sites which are hosted on it).   

I found this option: "Skip submission if the URL/domain is appearing on one of the following blacklists"     I entered all of the sites which are hosted on the specific I.P. address in the window-box below and checked all of the checkboxes.  Is this it? Or is there some other way to do that? (besides changing the "hosts" file in Windows directly).

Simply want to avoid any possible abuse reports, which can occur even if you are using proxies ?!?

Thank you for all the info

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    if you know of all the domains hosted on that ip, then yes, that would be enough.
  • Thank you Sven.

Can I also ask how is it even possible that abuse reports from some I.P addresses occur in the first place, if every distribution via GSA-SER is made through proxies?  Does that depend on specific type of proxies (are some of them somehow transparent?) How can we make sure that doesn't happen and/or differentiate them from proper proxies.

Thank you
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    if you use proxies then one of them seems to be transparent or not anonymous. You can test that in proxy settings and set it up to only allow anonymous proxies.
  • Thank you for the info. I've now found the "remove non-anonymous proxies" checkbox in the proxy settings. I suppose that's it. Or another way, is to simply click on the list of proxies and choose "delete -> non-anonymous".

cheers