Skip to content

OFF TOPIC SUBJECT - need expert advice.

Hi all,
Have to say I have been using SER a bit less the past month. Not that I think it is of less value but because I have been busy with other things. Interestingly, my rankings have gone up a bit during the month. Not sure what to think about that.
As I am about to do something crazy, I thought I would reach out for some advice if any is available before I shoot myself in the foot, as I have been prone to do.
So, I own a brand. An actual brand that makes products. We are primarily sold in the U.S. and some small int'l markets.
Next week, we are sending off a few pallets to China. Behind that we are lining up a lot of potential sales channels. Massive market for us. 
Here is the question. I need to really crank up my 'brand name' awareness online. To be honest I am not sure if the Chinese use Google, Bing, or another engine. Also have no clue as to what social media platforms are most used. Given the immense size of the market, I am dusting off SER and am going to start scraping on SB2 like a maniac. I am going old school T1<T2<T3 initially with translated manual content. Good/bad? From there I am going to build out some PBN's. But I need a tool to track some kind of metric but I don't know what to track. Also sites like Alibaba have buyers that track search requests and will reach out to those brands to buy their product (a goal of mine) so I would like to find a way to jam certain engines/markets with search queries.
Any advice/comments are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I'm far from expert myself but the most popular social media platform in China is weibo.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sina_Weibo

The biggest search engine there is Baidu
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baidu

There are a couple of online guides about how to use/optimize for them. It's a great way to spend a weekend. :);)

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    I have a very large Chinese customer base for EI and I can tell you that primarily they focus on the Yahoo and Baidu search engine when it comes to SEO, apparently EI has a very effective index rate for them and they love it. 

When I say "large" that is an understatement, from my previous experiences with the Chinese clients I have and have had in the past, they do things 10000000x more efficiently and at a totally different level, it's unbelievable, But yeah, there's my input.
  • Thanks @Tim89

Yes, China is an unbelievable market. They have more online consumers than the US has citizens. I will be looking into EI .

Thanks @TheGypsy much appreciated. Must admit Baidu is new for me, so yes will have to find some time to research.
  • The game SEO is totally different in China, since google blocked since 10 years ago, the Baidu dominate 80% market in our country, and the ranking methods works for google do not work for Baidu.
  • @sashilover would love to hear what is working with baidu. We are working on promoting things on weibo and haven't started up on baidu yet. Any tips, info, feedback?

• @viking, backlinks is not most important ranking factor for baidu. the content is, and contexual backlinks is not as important as for google, the footer backlinks on authority sites matter a lot.
  • @sashilover - can you explain what you mean by content being the most important ranking factor? If that were the case, one would assume that everyone would simply copy the top ranking content (or at least the keyword densities).