Skip to content

Strategy 2017

Comments

• jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @shaun how much are you paying for your upwork writers per 1k article? 
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    edited April 2017
    @jbyrd

$6 per 1000 for T1 content. There seems to be plenty of people on there willing to work for that rate too. The below screenshot is from my latest round of hires. Less than an hour after the job being posted it had 18 applicants. Ended up hiring four.

• jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    edited April 2017
    @shaun that really isn't bad at all.  I'm sure you have to go through a few of them to get what you want, but once you do, you should have some decent writers.  My main writer was from the US and moved to Africa - she was really good, but went awol recently so time to look for a new one. 

I think they are scraping from web.archives.  It's $100 per 100 articles.  I've ordered around 400 articles at this point and I'm not having any issues with them.  You can also put them in a spinner and load them into Rx and use them for tier 1. 
    Yea out of the 18 in the screenshot I only hired 4 but I have direct contact with them. Pretty sure the majority of BHW content threads just sent it to upwork now too as quality has gone down hill massivly over the past year or so.

Never tried that particular service tbh.
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @shaun yeah it isn't the typical content.  you can request 1 free review copy.  it is good stuff actually and I use it directly (as is) on my pbn's. 
  • redraysredrays Las Vegas
    @jbyrd - I haven't used that particular service, but I ordered a review copy from someone else on bhw doing the same thing. Though they passed Copyscape, all of the articles that I received were already on other websites, likely from other people scraping archive.org and auto posting. It's probably still fine to use on a pbn - after all, stuff on Ezine etc is indexed on tons of other websites - but it's not quite the deal that it seems.
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @redrays yeah, i figured some of that would happened.  The ones I manually check on google passed but the more people do this, the more that is going to happen.  Most of the time, now, I just scrape them myself and spin them and use them with Rx.   Like all good things, they come to an end and we have to start spending more money again :-).
    @jbyrd - ain't that the truth :)

Not to derail the thread, but do you mind sharing how you're scraping archive.org these days? I've used Expired Article Hunter on and off for a while, but I tried to fire it up again over the weekend and seems like the developer has totally stopped supporting it. The license won't even activate :\
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @redrays i have a VA use expireddomains.net and search for domains with keywords from my niche then have them check them and pull them.  Its a slow tedious process but it does work.  

I can between 75 and 100 articles a day if they work hard.  You can get a good VA for under $100 a week so the daily cost is only going to be $20 which beats the hell out of $1 per article.  
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @redrays of course, i'm always looking for an easier way so if you run across one, let me know.  
    @jbyrd - sounds like a good system. Expired Article Hunter was basically automating the first few steps of your process, leaving you with a ton of articles to manually check. I sent the developer an email over the weekend but haven't heard back. His sales thread was deleted off bhw, so I am not optimistic.
  • This thread  B-)
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @redrays i'm sure someone else will come out with something similar, but it would then signal the end of being able to use it.  The whole "learning curve" of SEO tricks and software helps keep some strategies evergreen.  
    @jbyrd - my guess is that the guy reached the point where his new sales each month weren't enough to justify the time to update the software. It's why, outside of GSA products, I always feel some hesitation to pay a one time fee for an seo tool.
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @redrays  You got that right.  If the developer can't make a great living on his product, then he has no reason to keep it up.  If the product does what he says it does, then it is worth it to pay him a rental/royalty.  There is enough money floating around and the developer deserves it if he keeps it updated properly. 
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    So after running the traffic bot from MR for 3 weeks straight, we finally got a hang up.  I varied the traffic then let it settle down to a regular amount of daily traffic pushing all urls.  At first, the rankings jumped like crazy and they held them there for 3 weeks.  Over the last few days, I'm seeing those gains go away.  I'm going to change out the set of keywords used and see if that jumps it up, but if that doesn't work, it looks like the bot is not going to help for long term. 
  • @jbyrd yikes. thanks for the update. that is exactly what happened when I tried the technique on pandanet. short term gain and then flat-line. I am wondering if it is an algo issue, i.e. does G reward the initial increase in traffic but then when the traffic peaks, it removes that reward? not necessarily a penalty, but just removes the reward. is there a way in MR to squeeze out say another 50-100 site visits per day to see if that pushes it higher? perhaps the technique in using it then would be to start slowly and to allow it to grow over a longer period to see is the longer growth trajectory would be more beneficial.

Did you ask NIck about your findings?

Please report back with your findings on the new keywords. Greatly appreciated!
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @viking Today, I decided to try a few things.  I removed most of the links (was promoting lots of urls) and focused solely on one site.  I also changed up the keywords and added some more brand keywords. Then resubmitted it and going to see how much traffic comes in and see what happens in the serps.  Everyone was complaining about the ton of traffic they were getting when it was released initially so Nick scaled it back... What is needed is a volume meter that we can play with at will based on the url or the niche. 

However, I think what you have said is valid as it isn't a penalty.  You get an initial bump but unless it is followed with a lot more volume it isn't going to last.  And, in smaller niches, that is way too obvious that it is bot traffic.  

If this doesn't work, I'm going to to a test on one url prefix and see what happens.  In theory, you could change the url everyday and get a few weeks bump out of it, but that is a pain in the butt.

I just asked Nick about it so I will report once I hear from him. 
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @Viking I sent Nick a message via facebook ( he is usually responsive) but nothing yet.  He has seen it, but not responding.....

@shaun SEOAutopilot?  Have you checked it out yet?  They just opened it up today.  It does some of the same things as RX and MR.  I just got a subscription today ($50 a month with discount code). Going to see how well it works.  
    @jbyrd nah mate never heard of it. Just Googled it there and it looks like the standard cash grab tool tbh. I love how they say the dont support gash platforms just to increase the number of platforms they support but then launch with URL Shorteners in the basic plan >.<.
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @shaun i'm testing it at the moment.  I'll report back what I find out.  Its like a cross between Rankerx and Money Robot. 
  • Thanks @jbyrd. I am signing up MR end of next week. Will let you know how I make out. Nick is going to get a lot of feedback for sure :-)
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @viking well - good luck. Nick will not respond if he the answer would be uncomfortable to him. I've heard that from lots of people, and now, experience it myself. It is what it is. Its a tool that can be used if done wisely. @shaun - so far I like SEO - Auto Pilot. The developer is very responsive to questions/suggestions so far. out of the 58 web 2.0's, they are building to 45 or so currently. I'm trying it with several catchall's to see how well it works. For a t1 web 2.0 builder that should have high sticking rates, its not bad.
  • @jbyrd are you getting success with .edu on SEO Auto Pilot?
  • @shaun any word on the new version over at RX? I am anxious for your take on it once released. Cheers.
  • jbyrdjbyrd memphis, TN
    @viking - nope, not even on the list of sites at this point.
    @Viking nope, I dont talk to them much tbh and I have their main dev blocked on Skype. It looks like its more of the same old of RX crap of we will add it or its coming in the next patch or whatever.

Been planning my own Web 2 tool for a while now but I want a solid method to release with it rather than just pushing out some tool that creates web 2. I found out theres a new software hub in my city now so i'm going to pop over and talk to them about it.
  • RX works awesome for T1.
    bullet force
  • Subscribing to this thread
  • @shaun i saw that someone bumped this thread so I thought I would see how things are with RX? I have been using MR for a few months now and am over-the-moon with it. Not using down to T1 yet, but I am liking what I am seeing for my PBN's.... :-)