Skip to content

Many "Submitted" but few "Verified"

edited March 2017 in Need Help
Hi @sven and community.

I've created a project to filter lists (lists that I'm parsing) after a few hours the project have more than 9k "submitted" links but only 147 "verified". After going to "Show Urls" I noticed all status are "[ awaiting account verification ]" and yes, they are going into verification mode (I will even run verification mode manually) and no verifieds but the submitted counter will decrease from 9k to 3k (I assume the verification failed somehow - mail not found on the email account probably thus deleted?) so why is verified link counter not increasing and submitted links failing to verify while the sites seems perfectly fine plus on 
platforms that I've seen GSA post before.

Has this something to do with faulty email backend (I'm using seospartans catchalls) and/or platforms not liking the catchalls that seospartans uses?
and/or is seospartans not working properly? (I see bunches of "expunged" email errors on seospartans quite often)
and/or is something on GSA's side?

I will setup my own catchall on a TLD (not subdomains like seospartans) and compare results but I'd like to get feedback from here as well in case the main issue is not about the emails but somewhere else.

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I see a lot Wordpress and Drupal engines among the list. For those engines you usually have a lot of malfunctioned sites that pretend that registration is complete and fine, but later do not send out emails with the verification link. BuddyPress is often overloaded and slow on response. Joomla K2 is usually fine but of course also there you will see sites not working correctly.

I don't think there is a problem on your setup, especially as you manually run it in "verify only". SER simply removed the links slowly from the "submitted" list if it does not see a chance that a link is going to turn into a verified one after some fixed time (depending on engine).