Skip to content

ISP shut me down for "malicious traffic"

Hey guys!

I am new here, just got signed up with GSA after a long time of researching without taking action.

Currently I am learning how to make better site lists, and still figuring out the basics of the software itself.

Over the past few days, I've built about 30k links to a variety of my web properties, with GSA running all day on various projects. I also run Scrapebox as I am constantly trying to build my site lists.

This morning, I woke up with a message from my ISP, Century Link, saying that I was reported as producing malicious traffic, and that I was infected by the Zeus virus/malware program.

I ran Avast and Malwarebytes, with Malwarebytes finding "Adware Install Monster", and avast telling me that FCS Networker has a virus.

Anyways, I deleted the adware installer, and currently have all my programs on pause and not running.

My questions is this: has anyone ever had their ISP shut down their connection solely from blasting too many links? 

The safest bet going forward would be to run GSA on a VPS with a VPN running as well.

I cant run a VPN at the moment because there is an issue with installing Open VPN on my Windows 7 computer. It used to work, but after an update last year, my computer no longer allows me to install Open VPN. This is a separate issue from this post, but it is surely a major pain in the ass.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this issue. Glad to be a part of the GSA community!

Comments

• I run GSA from home also Scrapebox and 101 other bits and pieces and I've never had a problem.

You need to make sure you're running proxies though.

My guess is that the troubles you're having with your ISP are unrelated to your use of SER. It's likely that you've picked up a trojan from online and the ISP is letting you know to get rid of it because you're likely a part of someones botnet.
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Maybe they think the increased bandwidth from SER use could be a bot net?
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    edited February 2017
    You get a TON of complaints from running SER if your not using private proxies. Public proxies leak.

You can get these complaints, en-masse, without even posting links. Some honeypots auto-report you simply for visiting the page.

Pick up some private (Even shared private proxies) from somewhere like Buyproxies.org and dont worry about it. You dont need anything fancier than that.
  • Proxies or VPN, Directly blasting links or scraping them from 1 ip will look malicious; I've received a few when my vpn kicked out for no reason. Not much to worry about. You can use scrapebox to scrape for proxy sites and build a decent proxy source(s) list for both scrapebox and gsa ser, also be sure to use proxies in indexer.