Skip to content

GSA SER Doesn't Work Anymore

2»

Comments

• @cmo140 Exact same issue here with projects freezing. I am afraid I lost the ability to edit them now. HDD not full either
  • @sabaidee same thing happen to me, using 5.15 and keep crashing when i try to edit my projects. working fine on 5.14.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @Sven should have last 5 releases on his website just like FileHippo does with CCleaner. Then there would be no problems.
  • @Monty I tried the old version but my projects still freezing when trying to edit. They were working fine before the upgrade to 5.15, but I think they then got corrupted, which prevents them from now working even on previous versions.
  • new version with a fix is already available
  • @ozz Fantastic...will give it a try. Thanks for the speedy response.
  • So, OP here. I've updated to the latest version 5.16 and still have the same issues. This is very frustrating. I'm really lost as to what I can do here.
  • anyone still here for the 0 threads problem with GSA SER stopping or similar bug please post
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2225/threads-go-down-to-0-gsa-stops-with-5-14-but-also-5-15-5-13-5-12
  • Hmm I just started experiencing these issues out of nowhere.  When I restarted Ser (running v5.15 and v5.16) it just sits ther on 9 threads on submission.

When it verifies it goes to 188 threads which is normal for me.  Odd scratching my head here.
  • edited February 2013
    The threads seems to jump when switching to verified mode or pinging links.

on submission it just sites below 10 threads....

Does someone mind posting up v 5.09?  I reverted to 5.15 but still not working...
  • edited February 2013
    Guys  I managed to fix mine in the end not sure if anyone else had the same issue.  Here's what I did I looked through the logs again and kept seeing loaded 0/XXX from sitelists msg.  I cleared out my target url (discussed here: https://forum.gsa-online.de/search?Search=loaded+0+from+sitelists)

and this fixed it.
  • THanks going back to v 5.08

I keep getting a crash now after running 5.16 after 2-3 hours, sent the screenshot to sven (via the GSA bug reporter).
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    didn't get that here sorry :(
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Running 5.16 and hitting 100K day first time ever. It might be your system resources. Watch the RAM screen closely as that could be the issue.
  • i am at 72k :D i hope i reach those 100k today
  • hey guys,

it seems there are a few people having this "thread dropping issue" (also on this thread: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2207/gsa-works-fine-but-eventually-gets-very-slow#Item_20).

i've managed to consistently reproduce the issue on my end with 1 project and posted the logs on up the other thread.

for those experiencing the same issue can we all post logs + settings info that would help @sven debug the issue.

don't think it's related to a latest software update as i've tested on 5.06 5.08 and 5.16 and the issue appears in all of them.  it's only effecting a small group of people so it must be some setting we all have in common that for some reason some others who don't see the issue have selected.
  • edited February 2013
    rodol  excuse sir , when i run 5.08 from the link you have given

its says the demo version has expired
  • that only can happen if you are running gsa as demo, do you already buy gsa?
  • that can also happen when run it not as an administrator for example.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What folder do you need to check to ensure you're running as an admin?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013
    Your desktop icon has the blue and yellow shield visible on the icon, whether on the desktop or the taskbar. It is also noted in Properties when you right click on icon. In other words, it's everywhere.
  • rodol  Yes sir . Got it since last year .And I dont know why this is happening.

Ozz  I already tried that sir, but it pop-ups thesame. Demo version has expired.

http://prntscr.com/uau0q

• ron  Any other options to do so i can make my GSA into lower version?
  • and how about to re-register the soft? that should work in my understanding.
  • similar issues for me..it just stops running. I stop it/restart, it says "starting project" but it does nothing! Happens a few times every day and is so annoying!

It seems like it just crashes because I can't even close it, I must use task manager to close it and I risk losing my work this way! I once waited 1 hour waiting to start but it won't start, no matter how many projects I start/restart/stop.

Maybe the developer should look into this.
  • Hi,

Sorry for digging up such an old thread, but does anyone happen to have any older version still?

Preferably version 5.10.

I'm having extreme difficulties with this newest one.

Thank you