Skip to content

How to add Custom Engine

Hi,

I dont understand how to add a custom engine in PI. Maybe someone can help me out.

The footprints should be seperate with "|". But why there is the possibility to more than one line? What is the sense of adding footprints like this:

"footprint1|footprint2"
"footprint3|footprint4|footprint5"

instead:

footprint1
footprint2
footprint3
footprint4
footprint5

Then when i add some footprints, each in one line with the add-button, i see something strange when saving the settings with the "ok"-button.

the whitepspaces in the entered footprints got automatically seperated with "|". That should lead to a wrong engine detection, right?!

Thanks

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited December 2016
    When you add more than one line its basically saying that a footprint on the first line and footprint on the second line have to be present for it to be identified. 

For example, in your image if "powered by vbulletin" and "create blog" were present, it would identify that as vbulletin. 

When you put it all on one line, only one of the footprints needs to be present for it to be identified. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Ah yes, that shouldn't be adding the lines there automatically. Will fix that ASAP! Also, new update coming with better detection.

• razzaguhlrazzaguhl Deutschland
    @s4nt0s that make sense now. More than one line is basicly an "and"-operator.

Thank you.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @razzaguhl - that's exactly right :)