Skip to content

Automaticly restart project

antonearnantonearn Earth
edited December 2016 in Feature Requests
Sometimes when VPM slows down, I stop and restart the project, and it works excellent again. 

I suggest you make something in option like: Restart project if VpM/LpM/DpM/Df (left click to switch between these different options) on less than (x-number, user choose a number) 
Doing a function like this, I dont have to sit and watch SER. 

Thanks @sven

Comments

• Speak for yourself, I wouldn't want a project restarting all the time lol
  • You don't have to use this option if you don't want to. 
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    I have noticed this on a few things too. When it happens to me the log fils up with connection time out messages, not sure if this happens to you but restarting the project fixes it but I SER filtering right now so cant check if it still happens.

Good idea though, even someting like restart the project after x minutes or something would be decent as not all project performance can be defined by LPM.
  • antonearnantonearn Earth
    edited December 2016
    Yes, the project(s) shows that message time to time, restarting usually solves much of problems.
    Not sure why you would like to restart a project after x minutes? Please elaborate. What if the project(s) runs smoothly? According to me, the project should be restarted due to a benchmark in SER fails, like VpM (the most important benchmark imo) 
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    If the user can say every 60 minutes reset a project no matter what I can leave it knowing it is going to be reset and it doesnt need baby sitting.

LPM, VPM and APM (not a trackable metric in SER but still applicable) all become the most important benchmark on the tool depending what you are getting it to do. You could have two or all three of these types of projects active at once due to resource issues and they are all counter productive to each other so it would be hard to go by the metric but you can always say just restart it after xx minute and you know its done.
  • Over and out for today, I suggest adding both mine and your suggestion and it will be all fine. 

“What gets measured gets improved.” - Peter F. Drucker