Skip to content

Delete Messages if Older than........Not Working

edited February 2013 in Bugs

This much needed feature is not working. I have several emails (using domain emails) that are not getting any messages deleted according to option under E-mail Verification. Please fix.....

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

I know you hate this but "Working for me" ;P

Is it really logging into the email at all? The emails get only deleted on verification, not when you click Test.

• LOL.....yep, SER is logging in an verifying properly, just not deleting the emails. I had it set for 3 days and found emails in all inboxes that were showing emails from 7+ days.

I just cleared out my inboxes today, so I'm going to start from scratch and make this is not user error. I'm still pretty sure this isn't working as it's pretty "black and white" to see if your emails are deleted past a certain date. Will report back in a few days......

NOTE: If anyone else is experiencing this, please report it here.
    OK let's see what others have to say.
  • Ok.....so after another week or so of email accumulations through several @domain.com accounts, I am certain that this feature is not working.

Again, I have my setting under Email Verification set to delete emails older than 3 days. I still have emails, checked within 4 separate email accounts, listing emails over a week and a half ago.

Granted, I can use a cron job command to delete these older emails while this is being corrected, but I just wanted to make you aware (Sven) that this isn't working. I even took screens of older emails, in 3 separate email accounts, to show the dates of each.
    Please check the header of these emails and see if the date is even correct there or maybe set to be in the future.
  • Nothing suspicious going on with the headers. I viewed the full headers on a few and the dates match up just fine.

Here are a few screenshots I took earlier of 3 different @domain email accounts. All these accounts were set at 3 day deletions.

Optimized this a bit for next version (speed) but I couldn't find any bigger issue here.

• So you fixed the problem or optimized the email checking speed? This feauture doesn't work, so I guess I'll be using the Cron Job command then...........
    :-w
    Just wait for the next version. I had to test things first but all seems to work much better now for next version.
  • ok....will do
  • I have approx 15 hotmail accounts.... with 2, delete messages older than. does not work :-( strange.
    just tested it over here and all is deleted as it should. @grafx77 working for you now?
  • Sorry for the late reply.....will let you know in a bit............
  • Ok....sorry again for the late reply, but nothing has changed as of update 5.22.

ALSO, I didn't pay attention to this before, but I also have "Delete message when verification link was found" checked. When viewing all my catchall inboxes (even hotmails too), none of the verified emails are being deleted either.

Seems like both features are not working properly........ :(

Can anyone share an account with this problem or send me the project backup?
  • I changed hotmail language from DE to english, seems to work now ????????
  • What do you need Sven? I could share an email account with you, but wouldn't you need login access to my Cpanel?

I can also send you project backup, but how is that going to solve an email problem?
    @grafx77 please send me the project backup. I will run it in the debuger to see why your emails don't get deleted.
  • Not really sure how you can check email verifications through a project backup, but I just PMed you the backup. Hope that helps....
    will check that tomorrow