Skip to content

AutoUpdate possible?

edited September 2012 in Feature Requests
I leave GSA running 24hrs. Sometimes I leave the house and when I come back I have to stop GSA and restart it just to see whether there is any update.

Once there were already 2 updates, from 4.06 to 4.08 or something. Most of the time there is an update while sometime there isn't. Would be nice if there's a check box to set it to auto update so we do not have to keep stopping it to find out. ( Or if there is somewhere to check that I'm not aware off? )

Either way will be nice if there's an option to auto update for those that want this and for those that don't want this maybe have a "Update 4.xx Available" next to registered name or something. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't want to add this as people should decide when to update. However you can check for new versions even without restarting the program. Just click the Help button and there "Check for Updates".
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Is it advisable to stop all projects, do a backup and then update? Or can we just update?
  • ronron SERLists.com

Hey GG,

What I have been doing is picking a spot in the day that I have dubbed GSA Catchup. I stop everything, I run verify emails, and when that's done, I run verify only. When that's done, I backup. Then I grab the update and resume operations. It all takes about 30 minutes, and it serves a great purpose in not letting the emails and verify process get too far behind. But always backup before you update, and that comes from Sven as I recall. Never had a problem where I lost anything, but it is smart to do it that way.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ron - I do something similar. I backup all projects then update. Don't do the verify emails and links though...do that once per week only. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Hmm you can just update, no need to stop projects or make backups. Though it doesn't hurt.