Skip to content

SEREngines 2 Testing is Now Ready

Comments

• kxpkxp United States
    Site is up and I was able to register.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Yep, the new site is up. Here is the information from James about the new site:

Just released the new website.. Woohoo, many weeks of testing..

Hopefully no issues.

I have migrated all the users over from the old SEREngines v1. If anyone has an issue, just drop me an email (team@serengines.com) with your paypal email and old API key and I will take a look into your account.

All existing SEREngines v1 users would have received an email with their new account details but their API key remains the same.

Note: you will need to however login and create more API keys for your other servers, as it is now 1 API key for 1 Server.

ALSO, you will need to be running GSA SER 11.92+, I will shut down the old API in a week or two.

Some New Features:

1. In the admin panel you can now add extra API keys (1 api key per server now) and also IP lock an API key to a specific server IP.

2. You can now see who is using your API keys and from what IP

3. Change API keys

4. View your invoices (for new invoices from today on)

5. Modify your current subscription to add more API Keys

6. Affiliate section to promote SEREngines
  • kxpkxp United States
    Hey @s4nt0s,

I've added the API key in SER and I don't see the beta engines in the Where to Submit list.

1. I tried "Force Reinstall", restart. No luck.
    2. I tried "Check for updates," restart. No luck.
    3. I shut down SER, deleted all of the files in the AppData serengines folder, restarted SER, forced reinstall. No luck.

Any ideas?
    @kxp - James just told me a minute ago about a bug. 

The bug has been reported to Sven already, but here's what to do in the meantime to get it working for new users.

For new SEREngines users or Fresh GSA SER installs, it isn't creating the directory needed to install the engine files. So there is a quick fix until Sven pushes out SER 11.93.

Create this directory:

C:\Users\<current user>\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\engines

• kxpkxp United States
    Worked perfectly. Thanks!
    @kxp - You can redownload the latest version from the GSA website and it should now be fixed: https://search-engine-ranker.gsa-online.de/

• kxpkxp United States
    OK, so I can't get it generating emails. These are the steps I tried:
    1. I created a new project
    2. Uncheck all "Where to post to"
    3. Check both Yandex and Mail.ru
    4. Tried both public and private proxies.
    5. On the "Data" tab:
    6. Set URL to https://google.com because the project still requires a URL.
    7. Both "Login" and "Password" remain on "Randomize"
    8. Left Profile Image to default.
    9. Created a text document on Desktop and set the file path in "Save File"
    10. On the "Options Tab":
    11. All sections left as default except "Scheduled Posting"
    12. On scheduled posting, have "Allow posting on same site again" checked.
    13. Set all "Time to wait" options to 1 minute
    14. Set "maximum posts per account" to 1 +/- 0
    15. Set "Maximum accounts per site" to 100 +/- 0
    I tried it with entering the Captcha manually, and using death by captcha. Basically, the same thing happens, it attempts to create an account once on mail.ru and once on yandex, then I just get a bunch of:

[ ] Attention! No targets to post to (no site list enabled, no engines allowing url extraction chosen)

Over and over in the log. I appreciate any tips you might have.
    @kxp - Can you send your support token? If you hover over your SERE API in SER, you will see a popup with the support token ID. 
  • kxpkxp United States
    PM'd it. Thanks!
  • Having the same problem here.

@s4nt0s Can I send it to you?
    edited June 2017
    @przamunda
     Sure, I'll have to forward it to James and he can take a look at what's going on.
  • @s4nt0s No worries, I´ll open a ticket then. Thank you
    @przamunda - Alright, no problem. :)
  • @s4nt0s
    The same problem. i have send the support token id to you.
  • Hi all, 2.0 profiles disabled or is it just me?
  • Hi @s4nt0s ,

The "headless.exe" problem is back, it's been awhile. I'm using Greencloud VPS US SEO service. It's a Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter, 64bit, 3G memory and My GSA is 11.92. 

I think it's been happening since GSA 11.90, but at that time it didn't happen very frequently, after a SERE update and GSA update, now it is crashing quite often, within 1 or 2 hours.

I took a snag of the problem here: 

edited June 2017
    @everyone - There is a bug in headless causing some web 2.0s to fail. James said it will be fixed today.

@edge13 - After James logged into your VPS this is what he noticed:

"You ram usage is running dangerously high.

You only have 3GB of ram, and GSA is taking up nearly 1GB alone (because of the amount of threads you are using).

Your also running 500 threads.

I suspect the headless crash is happening because of your system being out of ram.

I also did a proxy check (unrelated to crash, I just saw some proxy errors in the logs), and 6/20 of your proxies are working.

So my suggestions would be to lower your thread count.. You shouldn't be running 500 threads with 6/20 proxies (not even if 20 proxies are working) or, get a machine with more ram + more proxies."

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @s4nt0s

Thanks for the update --- touch wood but i saw no headless crash lately. 

What i do notice is that when GSA SER closes unexpectedly, like when U close it with task manager,  or running a update without stopping gsa ser first, -- then the Serengine threads are hanging, meaning if thought GSA SER is shut down,  serengines threads can still be seen running in task manager. I normally END Task from within task manager.
    Its not a big problem and it sorts it self out when you restart gsa ser and start running projects again.

@everyone - James released the updated version of the SEREngines plugin (Headless) with the fixes including the one needed for mailru + will increase success rate of many other engines.

@royalmice - It won't happen with your setup because this issue is due to running out of memory.

I think the solution here would be to put some protection in place so if memory is getting full on a system, new jobs won't start (they will be retried later). As well as reporting the memory usage of Headless back to SER, so it can be controlled better. This is something I will chat with Sven about the best way to approach this.

Regarding the processes still running on SER crash - Yes this happens when SER itself is closed (crash or something), so when you restart SER and start the projects again, all the SEREngines processes will be closed.

• Thanks, @s4nt0s. I got emails from James.

I restarted my SER and decreased the amount of threads to 200. Regarding the proxies, which condition did you use to test them? I just tested them against Google search, all 20 are working. Please let me know if I need to update my proxies from squid proxy.

One more question: My email creator project has an error “No targets to post to (no site list enabled, no url extraction chosen" in my GSA, is that normal or there is something wrong with me settings of this project?

Thanks!

@edge13 - For me, I test my proxies using the anonymous test, not against Google since they are used to sign up for web 2.0's and not scraping. 

Also, James told me that he found another bug in SER which is effecting mail.ru engines. Hopefully Sven can push an update for it soon. That might be what's causing your issue. 

The "no targets to post to" would usually mean the "maximum accounts per site" number has been met, but its probably an issue caused by the bug. 
  • kxpkxp United States
    Hey @s4nt0s,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I too am still getting the "No targets to post to" error with my email project.
  • @s4nt0s Recently experimenting headless error too. I was running only 30 threads
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @s4nt0s

I agree the fact that Serengines memory & CPU  is not included in GSA SER, is a real problem, and something i raised several times to Jamese in the past and if not mistaken in the forum.

If Serengines mem and cpu usage was monitored by GSA ser, then i think the headless crashes can be prevented by auto lowering the threads when set mem and cpu usage is reached.

Using the below option  when you have SERengines installed --  is pretty pointless as it does not include SERengine usage so it will NEVER be accurate. 

Hope that @sven can look into  including serengines usage in the stats.

On a positive side, the new Serengines website is really nice - a big step up from what it was before.
    James said

@przamunda - Are you running the latest version?

@royalmice - That feature is already on the TODO list.
  • @s4nt0s Yep. But I will try again and let you know
    @przamunda Make sure you restart SER so it definitely gets the latest version of the SEREngines plugin. Also if you see a crash prompt, please PM me a screenshot or provide remote access to the VPS to take a look.
  • kxpkxp United States
    edited June 2017
    New problem: I was able to get an email generator project running. It looks like it was creating emails, but when I checked my save file on my desktop, it was filled with the file path over and over instead of the email credentials. Here are the contents of the file with my name replaced with "Username":

C:\Users\Username\Desktop\generated-emails.txtC:\Users\Username\Desktop\generated-emails.txtC:\Users\Username\Desktop\generated-emails.txtC:\Users\Username\Desktop\generated-emails.txtC:\Users\Username\Desktop\generated-emails.txtC:\Users\Username\Desktop\generated-emails.txtC:\Users\Username\Desktop\generated-emails.txtC:\Users\Username\Desktop\generated-emails.txtC:\Users\Username\Desktop\generated-emails.txtC:\Users\Username\Desktop\generated-emails.txtC:\Users\Username\Desktop\generated-emails.txt

• @kxp I already reported this to James yesterday
  • kxpkxp United States
    @przamunda OK, great!
This discussion has been closed.