Skip to content

Private Proxy purchased from SquidProxies.com blocked by Google?

GraylineGrayline South Africa
Hello everyone

Firstly thanks for taking the time to read through and answer my question...

I am relatively new to the whole GSA | Link building thing and I have a question regarding the private proxies I purchased.

I have only started one project (yesterday) and left it over night. When I got back to my computer it I had the following results:
Submitted: 12 | Verified 5

However, I noticed in the log that it had a few messages in the lines of:
Proxy 198.xx.109.xxx:8800 blocked on google

I investigated a bit and tested the proxies directly from SquidProxies.com and the tests were successful. I also tested the proxies inside of GSA Search Engine Ranker and here follows the results:

Against Google Search: Not working
Against Google PR: Not working
Against Bing: Successfully tested
Against WhatIsMyipAddress: Successfully tested
Against Anonymous Test URL: Successfully tested

So my question, is this normal? 

Thanks for any thoughts.

Comments

• 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    Proxies get temporarily banned all the time. Waiting a bit lets the ban reset, hence why tests sometimes work - and sometimes dont.

It is odd that Squid is showing a pass, and GSA is not. In all likelihood they are testing differently.
  • GraylineGrayline South Africa
    Thanks for your thoughts man. Really appreciate it! Just going to keep on testing and playing around then. :)
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    I think there is a bug in SER right now with the way it checks a proxy against google that returns false bans, I made a thread about it the other day.

Are they dedicated or semi dedicated? If they are semi dedicated then there is a pretty high chance someone else is hitting Google or a Google asset with them while you are using them.

In all honesty though mate, if you are using SER to scrape then ditch Google all togeather and move over to Bing. It takes a lot more to be proxy soft banned on bing than it does on Google, you will miss targets over all but make up for it in speed.
  • GraylineGrayline South Africa
    Hey Shaun

Thanks for the response mate. I'm thinking that it's dedicated, although I'm not 100% sure. By dedicated, do you mean Private or Shared?

For learning purposes, I basically purchased the SPP-10 package from SquidProxies, located under the Private Proxies section. (Cheapest package)

At the moment I'm using SER to scrape and to build the links, but I bought scrapebox and am busy going through some tutorials for it now. It's quite the learning curve, haha...

Right now I've got SER, Captcha Breaker, Scrapebox and TheBestSpinner running through one yahoo mail account.

Only running one test project, hitting maybe 15 links a day.

Thanks again for the response. Having read through a few other threads I see the community here is very helpful and friendly. Looking forward to contributing at some point. :)