Skip to content

GSA & POP3 Connections

This may be a developer question, but if anyone else knows the answer the help is greatly appreciated. I'm configuring pop3 on one of my servers and whitelisting my Windows VPS via quick allow in WHM. When GSA checks emails will it be using my server's IP to connect or the proxies I'm currently using w/ GSA? 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    depends on your settings. It can use proxies or the outgoing IP.
  • edited September 2016
    @sven Under "submission" in the primary GSA options would I just leave "public" and "private" unchecked next to "email checking" to use my server's ip?
  • Also on that same page of options right before "email checking" there's an option called "verification". What exactly does the "verification" option do, is that how GSA verifies links?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You will use public / private according to your proxy setup. Usually you want to use private proxies for email access as most public proxies would get banned quickly there.
    --
    With "verification" it means just normal checking of links, thats not for email access.

• @sven Thanks I'll be using my own mail server so I don't want to use proxies for email checking since the server's ip is whitelisted.