Skip to content

Statistics Question about Show URLs - Show Remaining Target URLs

I have two questions.

1. About Statistics - Show URLs/Show Remaining Target URLs
2. Verified URLs Statistcs.

Here is a current setup....

I routinely scrape my own lists via ScrapeBox and GScraper.  I always utilize GSA SER footprints that are provided by way of GSA 'footprint studio'.
After I conclude a footprint 'URL scraping effort'...
1. I remove duplicate domains with ScrapeBox
2. I then import my non-duplicate domain list into GSA Platform Identifier and accurately 'compile' a series
of lists where GSA supported platforms are identified.

In this case I am only interested in Comments, Forum, Guestbook, Image Comment, Pingback, and Trackback.
I then copy the files that are Specific to these six platforms into a designated folder.  I then merge these
files into a single file.  I then important this file info a single file back into
ScrapeBox and remove any duplicate domains from this 'combined, platform identified list'..

The list I am working with right now contains 1.7 million non duplicate domain URLs that are relevant to my six identified platform selections.

By way of ScrapeBox, I split this list into 17 separate lists.  Each list contains
100,000 URLs.

Via GSA SER,I setup a 'Group Project' that contains 17 'Sub-Projects'.
Under my GSA Settings...
1. Where to Submit - My six platforms are selected.
2. Under Settings/Options -
       A. Ask all services/user to fill captchas is selected
    B. Verified Links must have exact URL is selected
        C. Send verified Link to Inder Services and 'Other Indexers' is selected
    D. Search Engines to use - NONE SELECTED    
    E. Use URLs linking on same verified URL is selected
    F. Schedule Posting - NOTHING SELECTED - I do not select 'ALLOW POSTING ON SAME SITE AGAIN.
    G. Filter URLs nothing selected.  However, under 'Type of Backlinks to create, all of the defaults are selected accepted 'Article-Wiki'

Test post 'preview' checks out perfectly on all 17-100K projects...

I then select a project...right click - 'IMPORT TARGET URLs'...I always use 'From Clipboard' option.
Under the Status column - I right click on a selected project and I only select 'Active'.  I do not concern myself with any of the other 'Active' command variations.

I started this current, 17 project exercise a few days ago.  Right now my 'collective group' VpM is 10.41 and LpM is 55.55.
Not too shabby in terms of production.

To date, these combined 1.7 million non-duplicate domains have generated 77,568 Verified backlink URLs.
I then select 'View Verified' URLs...Under Stats/Diagram/Chart - 15,568 of the verified backlinks are being generated from 'UNIQUE DOMAIN NAMES'..
61,968 verified backlinks are posts to the same 15K non-duplicate/unique domains.

Even though I have not selected 'ALLOW POSTING ON SAME SITE AGAIN', and there are no duplicate domains in my 1.7 million target URL list, GSA is posting to the
same domains more than once.

Since I have used GSA over the past year, With the settings referenced above, this happens to me 100% of the time.
So, this is questions #2...
Why is GSA posting to THE SAME SITE AGAIN when 'Allow posting on same site again' IS NOT SELECTED?
Can anyone provide an explanation?

Question #1 - Statistics releated to 'Show URLS'/Show Remaining Target URLs'
As I indicated earlier, each of my 17 target lists contain 100K target URLs...no duplicate domains.
However, if I select 'Show URLS'/Show Remaining Target URLs' on any of these 17 projects, (each of which is showing  2600- 6500 verified URLs have been generated)
the number of remaining target URLs on any of these 17 projects each with a 100K target list is NEVER FEWER THAN
100,000.  ThE stats always Show Remaining Target URLs on each of the 17 projects to be radically more than 100K instead of less then 100k..
Here are four random examples -
1,174,661 remaining target URLs
592,185 remaining target URLs
520,909 remaming target URLs
1,549,949 remaining target URls

The higher the 'verified' URL account on a selected project, the higher the remaining target URLs.  The more verified URLs that a project generates, the higher the number of remaining target URLs'.
The numbers increase instead of decreasing.

The only time I have ever ran GSA without 'Allow Posting on same site again' being selected where the
number of 'remaining target URL's has actually decreased to the point where I get 'error message'...NO MORE TARGETS TO POST TO...
is when I import a 'target list' that contains fewer than 5,000 target URLs...and typically far fewer than 5,000 target URL's.

Can anyone tell me why GSA is causing 'show remaining target URLs' to increase instead of decreasing when I run projects
with larger target URL lists?

Thank you!

Comments

• NOTE-I selected a project with 6560 verified URLs..
    This project is showing that 1,555,549 Target URLs remain.
    I exported this list and imported this list into ScrapeBox.
    Of this number, 918,442 are non-duplicate URLs.
    I removed duplicate domains - There are 350,860 Target URLs that reference NON-DUPLICATE DOMAINS.
    I am completely bewildered how the original target list of 100,000 NON-DUPLICATE DOMAIN TARGETS for
    this project can now indicate that this project now has 350,860 REMAINING TARGET NON-DUPLICATE DOMAIN URLS-URLS