Skip to content

Automatically Refresh Content

Hi @Sven.

Is there any way I can automatically refresh content? There are many tool to create content with templates, and also many of them have options to create re-curring tasks.. How would I configure GSA to automatically update the content after X days, or after X links verified, for example?

Cheers.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You can e.g. use macros for articles to read content from files. Then configure your content software to put fresh content periodically into that folder and SER will make use of it.
    You can also modify the project files directly and SER will check for changes and reload.
  • So I either refresh the content in a specified folder, or I update (overwrite) the file selected for the project.

Is this explained somewhere? How do I make a macro?
    macro: http://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/macro_guide

the structure of prj files is really simple. Just open it with a text editor and you will see.
  • I am checking out SEO Content Machine. I want to schedule content generation with GSA SER template, and them automatically pull the content from specified folders and delete articles once used (so it keeps getting up to date content)

Anyone that has a useable example project file to accomplish this? I did find:

%spinfolder-<folder>%, %spinfolder2-<folder>%, %spinfolderdelete-<folder>%

This macro is using a random file from the folder and using that as content. Also note that the program is trying to match the same file name or file number when locating a file in a different folder. E.g. if %spinfolder-c:\my_articles\% is using file “article6.txt” than it tries to use “summary6.txt” (or anything with the number 6 in file name) from the macro %spinfolder-c:\my_article_summaries\%.

%spinfolder2% is not keeping the previously used content in mind and %spinfolderdelete% is deleting the file after using it to not use it again.

but its not clear how to make ends meet yet...

I think with SEO Conteht Machine you can create plain articles per text file and store them somewhere in a folder. I would take that option and let SER read from taht folder where you just add one article in the project with...
    title: %random_title% or %first_sentence-article%
    body: %spinfolder-c:\seocontent_machine_output\folder\whatoever%

When clicking Preview, it should pull a random article as sample.
  • Hi @sven,

if I create the content with SCM and use the above macro, how could I combine this with:
    "

#trans ... #notrans"

I would like to always translate all content to the site language. Provided content will be in english. 

Also, does it matter it the source file is plain text or spin syntax?

thanks!
    Well if you use #trans #notrans, it will automatically translate the content to the language of the site where you are submitting to.
  • I know, but do I need to enter these in the source files in SCM, or I can control this in GSA SER for imported content?
    hmm the articles you add need to have this in front and at the last word.
  • ok, so I will request this to Tim of SCM. cool feature, thanks!
  • #trans {Could|Can} it be {combined|used together} with spin syntax? #notrans
    yes works as well...the spin is first resolved before sending it to the translator.
  • Hi @Sven,

SCM also generates a folder with project settings, Can we also have GSA SER fetch a random file from that folder for the project settings? (data tab)

example file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/poaermvbmzlmbw3/GSA SER - Miami Nightlife (2).txt?dl=0
    sorry no, that is an import file which can not be used with macros.
  • @sven, So not possible to have more than 1 per project? Is this an idea for feature request?
    no feature request here. SEO Content Machine has an API which I should add anyway. So adding that is a better option.
  • ok, how will that work? and ETA?
    hard to say. I do my bet working on my to.do list from top to bottom. You will see when its done. However you can also export the data of articles to a folder and use macros so that the articles get read from that folder.

I don't see much use in using constantly changing content for other fields.
  • ok. I already set up macros for the articles. Thanks.
  • You can also modify the project files directly and SER will check for changes and reload.

> can you give an example of this?
    just modify *.prj or *.article files and you will see that SER notices changes and reload data.
  • Hi @Sven

in the file:
    <NewDataSet>
      <Table1>
        <enabled>True</enabled>
        <type>Project Settings</type>
        <code>

How can I include: http://screencast.com/t/KFAt5lZ8
    and: http://screencast.com/t/jnH1QQitCLz

just like: 

Keywords &lt;&lt;keyword&gt;&gt; 
    Blog_Comment #trans&lt;&lt;summary_words(10)&gt;&gt; #notrans
    Anchor_Text &lt;&lt;keyword(1)&gt;&gt; 
    sorry, I don't know what you are trying to say.
  • with the template for project settings used by SCM, I want ti include settings for:
    Branding Anchor Text
    and
    catch all email account

So when importing the project setting files, they are taken from the file.
    that will not be possible.
  • Hi Sven, I get #notrans tags in my published content, see:
    http://ithinkwebdesign.com/?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=1402148
    why is that at the top? a #notrans should always be used with a #trans together
  • I dont know. 

I open and close all correctly, this is my SCM template:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/340507miolhglwj/gmitesting.rtf?dl=0
    Im not into SCM templates sorry.
  • its all the same thing as in .prj files, and I close all my opening tags, so how can it end up in the published content? and there any fields that do not accept #trans #notrans marcos?