Skip to content

Link Verifier update

Hi @Sven, I am diving in the link verifying feature, and I understand most people would use it like:

1) they will set to verify links ,in tiers to which they are building links, every X hours.
2) they dont verify links in their last tiers, as they dont build links to them anyways.

I think this takes unnecessary resources as many links will be checked before building new links to them..

>> What if we would check links alive status every time we include them in another post, unless last check was positive and less than X hours ago..?

>> in in tiers to no links will be build, they can set the time our for alive checking to a higher number, or not activate it at all...

Let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• Additionally I think its handy for certain tiers, to automatically clean up links after:
    a) first verification
    and/or
    b) pinging/indexing (or adding them to external service for such..)

my tier4 projects hold about 60-80 procent of the links, and never in my life I consider checking them...

It would keep GSA clean and light... I would definitely use it for all my last tiers..
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If you check the links when you put them in some article, it would cause more issues. Because that project checking links has to talk back to the other one. It also would have to keep track of the data where the main project knows exactly when it was last verified and with what status.
    Also your thoughts on skipping reverify for the last tier is only partly right. If you don't use the feature there, you will also not make use of the feature where verified links from that tier will be removed and the accounts reuused if an url was removed from the previous tier.
    In short, the reverify is not only making sure that built links are still alive, it will also make sure that the link used on that url is really part of the previous tier. If not, it will try to login and reuse that account for something else.
  • ok. I deleted my last "kitchen sink" tier 4, as it hold 80% of my links, and thus used 80% of my resources...

I will now activate the verify for the other 6 tiers, including the two last ones, and by removing the Tier4 allocate much more resources on them.

Thanks for the explanation!
  • What is more important, is that before deleting url from verify list we should check it X times with different / no proxies each time, before deleting