Skip to content

delete slow proxies

myhqmyhq usa
edited January 2016 in Need Help
Hi,

I have quite a big list of premium public proxies. I note that GSA SER automatically test them and I can delete the bad ones.

Is there also a way to delete the slow ones by setting a Max response time of X seconds? And delete/exclude from using all the slower ones...

Cheers!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    First you should set a low timeout. That will mark any slow proxy as down as it can not response withint allowed time.
    Then you can also sort it by that speed column and mark proxies with ctrl/shift followed by right click to delete selected. This will clear your present, slow proxies.
  • but I update my proxies list every 15 minutes, so any way this can be done automatically?
  • public proxies are going to be pretty slow comparatively to shared proxies even keep in mind.
  • from my list I easily get 200+ proxies with a speed < 2.0

However, I want to ignore/not use the rest (2000+ proxies are slower...) How is this done?
    well just as I said. Use a low timeout in options.
  • but when i set time-out = 2, i still end up with proxies up to 16...
    16 seconds!?
    you test against google?
  • What do you mean? these are the test results from within GSA SER..

I do not use them for google scraping within GSA SER if that is what you mean.., I have verified link lists.. Only for submissions..
    Skip my last question, on the screenshot I see you test against that anonymous proxy judge URL.
  • ok, so the test time is > 2 because of that test, meaning that without that test they are all < 2 sec?

I need to delete non-anonymous, so I can't skip that setting... Right?
    no, thats no the point. But for some tests like google you would need it to follow redirects and such. Then the time could be longer. But with this proxy judge it should reflect the actual time. And I don't understand why it is waiting that long before aborting the connection1?
  • me neither, that was my question :)
  • @sven, any possible new light on this issue?
    Not really. Give me a proxy where this long delay appeard to debug it.
  • myhqmyhq usa
    edited April 2016
    http://pastebin.com/yZNfG54z

i have the timeout set to 5 seconds and these are slower results still active...
  • @sven, if you get this too late (proxies all burned) ping me and i try to send you a new list asap

ok the problem is really the delay on transmitting data. Next version will fix it.