Skip to content

Adding new articles remotely

edited January 2016 in Need Help
Hi guys I'm aware that in article manager I can add either individual articles or I can add an entire folder which in turn adds all article files within the folder.

What I want to be able to do however is to add articles manually by editing the ".articles" file within the projects folder. This would be of great value to me when I'm nowhere near the computer and I need to add new articles.

In the file each article manager article occupies a text-wrapped line so that if I added 5 articles in article manager, the ".articles" file would have 5 lines each line representing an article. So it looks like all I need to do is to just open the file and paste a new article but the problem is that in the ".articles" file at the end of each article, there is an 8 digit alphanumeric code.

Can I just paste new articles in and ignore this code or will the program go nuts if I paste a new article in a new line and there is no code at the end of it?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you should not ignore the code. make it something random and it's fine as well.

this code is basically a hash over the article to follow it in stats where ti was used e.g.
  • So greatly appreciated Sven! I admire the extremely high quality of your work and your dedication - it is UNBELIEVABLE!!
  • andrzejekandrzejek Polska
    edited February 2016
    @Sven

Can you tell me whats this S0H in .articles file and how to replicate that?

edit: got it working on a base
    I guess thats 0xff char (last one in ascii table) and it is used to seperate the title/summary/body/id from eachother as it is one article per line.
  • Thank you
    edited February 2016
    @sven

what about pop3 pw=
    in project settings (.prj), is there a way to paste it as plain text?
    yes, add it using ##password. The ## indicates SER not to decrypt it.
  • Awesome cool stuff thank you
    edited February 2016
    @Sven What about [email accounts] in .prj, is there a way to replace these ASCII characters too? They separate emaillogin:pass:pop3:password etc.

OK so in hex thats "ff" =˙ 
    for me it's ÿ
  • @Sven yes, but still with all kind of encoding i can't save it in format that GSA SER will read, any ideas>?
    well it's not specially encoded at all. It's pure ANSI with 0xff as seperatore between data.
    edited February 2016
    Yea you are right it was just my lack of knowledge, everything working smooth but you should consider making it easier not using that kind of stuff :P