Skip to content

Captcha Breaker: Cache Answers - 5GB memory use for having this option ticked?

gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
Is it possible that CB used around 5GB memory for having "Cache answers" ticked?

I woke up this morning that my windows dedicated was using about 7.5-7.8 out of 8GB memory.

I've looked at resource monitor and task manager(show all processes for other users ticked) and nothing was using that much memory.

SER was using 1.6GB memory, CB about 200-300MB memory according to task manager.

Yet the system showed really that it was very low on memory(~7.5/8GB).

Not even scrapebox was running in the background or anything.

System uptime is 16 days. I've noticed that CB has been running for a few days now and had "Cache Answers" ticked.

I've unticked this option and in a few minutes memory usage dropped down 2.5GB.

Whatever was using that 5GB memory was not "Cached" memory according to windows, but was actively used.

Anyone had similar happen?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    No, this cache is just the last 500 results of hash/answer which is not even taking 1MB of memory. It is not from our products as both are 32bit programs who can not even allocate that much memory.
  • gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    @Sven Interesting. It might have been qbittorrent. I was seeding linux isos(about hundred open source isos, debian, centos etc) last night and can't believe it possibly used so much memory.

I forgot to say I killed qbittorrent at the same as I ticked off "Cache Answers" in CB.

So it was qbittorrent.

I still don't understand why windows wasn't showing it using ~5GB memory.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    ALL GSA products are 32 bit products meaning none of them will be able to consume more than 3.x GB RAM

It is most likely some other Windows process causing the laod