Skip to content

Best Way To Use FCS Networker For Tier1 & Teir2

edited December 2015 in Need Help
I'm trying to rank a local client for a landscaping company around a major city .  So City+landscaping is the keyword that I'm ranking for. I'm not trying to rank in the 6 pack for google maps.  I'm wanting to rank his site on the first page for his local city for landscaping. 

I would say it's a medium competition keyword with a lot of the 1st page being angieslist, yellowpages, home advisor, bbb.org.  Pretty strong authoritative sites but really not a whole lot of links going to these local inner page. It's seems like the on page seo and just the strength of the domain is ranking it.

I have some questions using FCS networker

1. Tier1-  I built 10 Web 2.0's using FCS networker with all anchor text being my url to the page.
2. Tier2-  I built 100 Web 2.0's to tier1 using FCS networker with 10% anchor text being the city+landscaping
3. Tier3-  I'm building 10 links a day for each verified url from tier2 (only building links to do follow of Tier2) using GSA with Blog comments, trackbacks, url shortners, pingback, referrers.  Keyword at about 50% anchor text for the city+keyword .

My questions are:

1.  Do I have enough Web 2.0's for my Tier1 and Tier2? 
2.  How many GSA links should I be using on Tier3?  I think 10 day to each url is not enough.  I'm only building 1000 total per day.  I guess I see people say blast the crap out of Tier2, but does that mean just build 50k or more links a day. Let it run to you rank?   I mean I guess you can blast these more since FCS Web2.0's can take it right?

All answers are welcome and appreciated

Tim89  Tim this is a continuation from earlier.  I just thought I would start a thread. thanks.

Comments

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    Knowing if you're doing enough SEO is simple, are you ranking for your target keywords? If you're not, then you need more links, simple as that.

If you're no where to be seen for your target keywords, build more tier 1 EM links (keep in mind to continue to build generics/branded and naked urls to keep your ratios safe), when you start to appear on page 2-3 for your keywords, pause your tier 1 keyword campaigns and focus on building your tiers.

All of your sites should have a constant stream of generic/branded/naked urls being built to your site, continuously, what I normally do is set up a simple tiered campaign in SER with only brands/generics/naked urls and I leave this running indefinitely.

I would then use FCS/PBN to focus on building your LT / MK terms links and use these sources to tier them also, you're managing your link sources, using all the garbage for naked/branded/generics and then using your high quality link sources for your money keywords.

Anchor texts I use goes a little like this; Tier 1 = keyword you want to rank for, Tier 2  = Mixture of associated keywords and generics, mostly generics 70/30 split and Tier 3 = generics/naked urls.

Your main question here is how many links is enough.. well, I work in quite a competitive niche and I aim to create 100 inbound tier 2 links foreach tier 1 link, This takes a while to do especially when only using good quality web 2.0s to do it, most of the time my keyword anchor tier 1 links are in the thousands, 30,000 - 50,000 tier 1 links that I play with, although I am experimenting with better quality tier 1 links to see if I can achieve the same results with with only a fraction of tier 1 links.

You could definitely rank for a keyword with only having 1 EM tier 1 link and pumping a shedload of juice through that link, but as always, don't put all your eggs in 1 basket, spread the load, so instead of creating 1 EM tier 1 link and tiering this link up until it becomes a powerhouse and you rank where you want to rank, I would build 10 EM links and then build authority to all 10 links, this way, if a couple links drop out of the index, you won't plummet -50 positions. This is only an example to try to explain the theory when it comes to the amount of links you would need.

You will definitely be safe building more than 10 links a day at the tier 3 level, instead of letting SER take control of the link building limits, why not simply build your tiers as quickly as you can and then control the drip feeding of the links via an indexing service or method? controlling when a link gets crawled is just as effective as controlling when a link gets built without the need of bottlenecking yourself with your campaigns, I see no reason as to why you would get hit with a penalty if your ratios are all in order and you dont go overboard with EM terms.
  • edited December 2015
    @tim89

So are you saying you drop at a ratio of 1:100:100,000 for your tiered linking campaigns? My gosh thats a lot of linking.

How long does an average project take, what kind of sustained vpm/lpm are you rocking? I mean even at a sustained rate of 100 vpm, which is doable fairly easily, that would take a long time, especially if you have a lot of top tier targets to power. 

also, I generally dont use much keyword variation. Do you guys use primary, secondary, branded anchor texting? I usually just do my custom kw as well as domain as kw and then random.
    My professional projects take a long time to rank, 6+ months worth of link building. My throw away sites take around a month or so to rank.

Not all links I build are built using SER.

I have some older projects of mine which consist of over 6 million urls, processing these urls using BLM can be  a bit of a pain :D.

Keyword variations help you rank for your main term as well as provides more variation within your backlink profile which means you're able to create more EM tier 1s too.

• Right, but thats not just with SER. There's several other factors at play. SER just helps boost things. Ranking with SER would have been really easy back in like... 2008 had it existed.
  • edited December 2015
    So it seems I have been doing it wrong the whole Fingggggg time?  I have been building all my Tier1's with generics and naked urls. Then higher amounts of exact keywords and LT keywords to tier2 and tier3.  I guess no wonder I can't rank crap.  All my link juice is flowing down in tier1 keywords that I don't want to rank for.  Makes sense now.

Questions:

1. Tim89 You stated in your answer above  "All of your sites should have a constant stream of generic/branded/naked urls being built to your site, continuously, what I normally do is set up a simple tiered campaign in SER with only brands/generics/naked urls and I leave this running indefinitely.
    I'm assuming it's a single campaign you build with no tiers to it, because you are just using this campaign to offset your keyword ratios for the exact match keywords you are tiering and ranking for (so really just pillowing if we want to use an seo term)?  Are you tiering these as well to just to juice everything up?
    Also, if you build this pillow campaign with GSA what platforms do you check and use?  I'm assuming all contextuals, but maybe you just do a mix of everything since it is a pillow campaign to make it look more natural?

2. Tim89  Also you stated "most of the time my keyword anchor tier 1 links are in the thousands, Do you mean your main keyword anchor is in the thousands or just all your tier1 links are in the thousands? 

3. You stated "30,000 - 50,000 tier 1 links that I play with, although I am experimenting with better quality tier 1 links to see if I can achieve the same results with with only a fraction of tier 1 links.  When you say better quality Tier1 links, are you taking about PBN Links or something for Tier1?  FCS WEB 2.0 are already pretty good quality with high PR Domains, so not sure how you get any better unless you use PBN and then tier the PBN.  Which seems like a good method too

4.  I also think I need to build my domain up some more as it shows only a Domain Authority of 8 with Moz.  What is your thought on this?

I'm definitely not opposed to letting the links drip through an indexer.  I have used yours before and will use it again.  I just stopped as the links I was sending your service were messed up. Full of duplicate content because I didn't have enough spun articles imported into GSA and I was using a spammed to death lists. 

Once again Thanks for your guidance and help
    ^:)^
  • ranking will take time for a newer site. do not blast anything right now. your initial questions would be ok for a daily run, i.e. that many links per day. As stated by others, make sure you have do follow links from FCS with keyword anchor text. A lot of the FCS web 2.0's are no-follow. Take the time to learn which ones are valuable. IMO, no-follows are a waste of resources. don't worry about how long it takes to rank. the people on here blasting thousands of links are in a different ball game than you are. they churn and burn url's all day every day. i am sure your client would not appreciate having his/her site fried by google from going flame on. ranking a legit business site will take four - six months. no short cuts there. just the way it is. but the good news is once you get to that point, you become an authority site too and will likely stay there for quite a while. lots of info on these threads about link pyramids. FCS is an ok tool for tier 1, but not a great one. It too is losing ground. By far the best strategy is a PBN. Done right, it is bullet proof against all updates.
  • edited December 2015
    Viking Thanks for your answers.  The domain i'm using is about 2 years old.  

so good point with the do follow FCS web 2.0's.  I have been importinig the ones I have created into GSA and GSA tell me if it is do follow or not?  Is this a good way to do it or should I do it manually by going into the source code and see if no follow is in the code on the web2.0 before importing into gsa? 

• steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    i would use scrapebox to check.....
    The SER campaign for generics/brands still get a 3 tier campaign, this helps to push more link juice to your site which creates authority eventually, authority means you'll be able to rank naturally for new posts without the need of building links, such examples include, wikipedia, amazon, these sites rank purely from the authority the domain has, hence tiering everything will contribute to your ranking increases in general.

Yes, 1 campaign only, with tiers pointing to it with various re-verifying settings etc to weed out the dead links.

30,000 - 50,000 EM anchors & variation tier 1 links combined, this changes depending on how many keywords I'm targeting, the more keywords, would equate to more links obviously.

Yes, good link sources would be PBNs and FCS and yes, I tier everything, even PBN posts.

I normally get a brand new domains authority (DA) to around 20-30 DA within a matter of a month or two, simply by tiering, though this doesn't matter a lot DA isn't even a metric you can take 100% into consideration, considering it isn't a google metric at all and can be very easily manipulated using the tiered strategy.

I did not intend to suggest or promote any indexing service, it is simply a strategy that can be used, you do what you think's best ofcourse.
  • steelbone Scrapebox that makes sense. Thanks.
  • edited December 2015

Thanks again for answering.  I did not intend to suggest or promote any indexing service, it is simply a strategy that can be used, you do what you think's best ofcourse.  I know you didn't, but I will say that your service is far better than any other ones I/ve used, especially after google indexing patch around june. I may have messed my contextual tiers up with dup content back then, but my kitchen sink links were getting indexed with your service when other services wouldn't index them.

i'll test and come back with more questions probably. Thanks again.
  • Ok, I have another question.

Let's say I have 10 Tier1 FCS Web2.0's (do follow) Links, 100 FCS web 2.0's Tier 2 Links (do follow) and xx,000's of Tier3 Links (do follow & no follow)..  Now lets say that only 50% of Tier1 & Tier2 Web 2.0's get indexed.  If I link my Tier 2 to Tier1 that is not indexed, will the tier2 still  be effective or does the non indexed Tier1,stop the link juice from the lower tiers since it's not indexed?

Thanks in advance.
  • non indexed tier would be useless in terms of link passing power. Basically cuts the tree off at the branch
    edited December 2015
    All the tiers juice will be unlocked and pass through to your moneysite only once the tier 1 is indexed.

Some tier 1 links just will not get indexed, could be the content, could be a lack of quality, or media input, so trying to get lets say, 10 / 10 indexed, is probably way more resourceful than simply building another 5 more links to compensate.
  • edited December 2015
    Hey guys, 

Have any of you seen AHREF's report a dramatic drop in traffic? I'm seeing this across sites ive hit and those i havent. Just wondering if somethings broken on their end... Heres an example of something i havent touched with ser... seeing same thing with things i have touched. All seem to drop around Dec.1...

• So how do I make sure my FCS tier1 is linked to a FCS Tier2 and they are both indexed.  Do I just wait until my 10 Tier1 Web 2.0's have indexed, then build tier2 web2.0's to the indexed Web 2.0's of Tier1?  Then I have to wait more time before building Tier 3 blast.  I always see in forums, to build links to your tiers and it helps to index the tiers but now that now seems like waste of resources now.

I have about a 50% indexing rate on Web 2.0 s right now (i'm not running through an indexer), I guess I feel like i'm wasting link building for tier 3 as I really have to make sure all your tiers are indexed to pass juice from tier3.  Just confused on how to make sure they get indexed?
    I use a tool called back link monitor to organise my links and check if links are indexed or not using the same tool, then I just export any type of link I require, which is easily done using the tools filter options. You should look into BLM. It displays all your links in a hierarchy structure and very good to manage a tiered campaign.
  • I haven't seen anything drop off. Of course I don't have much traffic because I suck at tier link building, but getting better. I can say just to be aware of Googles new penguin update that is now suppose to be able to monitor your anchor text ratios in real time.  Which you really have to watch your ratios now even trying to spam parasites and such. 
  • Tim89 What is BLM again?
  • never mind back link monitor. Sorry didn't see it
  • steelbone how do you use the "do follow" addon in scrapebox?  I imported my web 2.0 links into the add on from the URL's Harvester in scrapebox.  The start button isn't available to click it's grayed out. It looks like it needs my backlinks from each of my 10 web 2.0's but I don't see how to import them into the do follow addon screen for scrapebox.  thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this for me.
    :
  • edited December 2015
    @Tim89 - Is the procedure the same even for seemingly low competition keywords where authority sites have their internal pages ranking without any backlinks?
    @splendour I don't really go for lower competition niches/keywords but with this strategy you'd wipe them off the face of the earth and rank for a very long time, I know that for sure but I'd say it would be a little overkill for a really low comp keyword(s), should still work though.
  • @SEO_Gladiator

I think you can bulk check those in ahrefs
  • So you are saying to use Arefs to bulk check do follow links, correct
  • well, it will tell you in packages of like 50 whether theyre dofollow or not. I think ser tells you too.
  • @Tim89 Thanks for your response. Do you think SER contextuals on their own would be enough to start ranking for these keywords?
    @splendour the type of links ser builds will hold 0 weight until you tier them.

So yes, ser would definitely be able to rank for those keywords but you would definitely need to point at least a 3 tier structure to your tier 1s for them to carry any seo weight in order to rank.

Whereas, a PBN would automatically have seo benefit as soon as it's indexed because it should have authority already and and is a trusted source, instead of being spammed to high heaven.
  • edited January 2016
    Tim89 I hope all is well. I have a question on what you said above from this post

You said -  
    The SER campaign for generics/brands still get a 3 tier campaign, this helps to push more link juice to your site which creates authority eventually, authority means you'll be able to rank naturally for new posts without the need of building links, such examples include, wikipedia, amazon, these sites rank purely from the authority the domain has, hence tiering everything will contribute to your ranking increases in general.

My Question -When you build this 3 tier campaign.  How do you set up your tier1 and tier2 contextuals with gsa so you have strong tier2's that don't break?  What engines do you choose in GSA. I know you said in another post not to use Joomla K2, so what do you use to be successful for tier 2 when using GSA? I guess I like the idea of Tier2 being used instead of FCS because it's faster and easier.  I guess I just don't understand how you build 3 tiers using only GSA.  It seems dangerous to do that to me, especially on tier1? What am I not understanding?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.
    Hello @Seo_Gladiator sorry for not replying to your PM earlier.

It is quite risky to do all three tiers using SER, you are correct, if you wish to do it like this, then it is a numbers game, you need to build a substantial amount more links to compensate for any link loss you may occur, your own link sources would also help here.

What I currently do is use PBN and FCS intertwined for tier 1/2 links, then pump these with your SER links on the tier 3/4.

I use contextual sources mostly as these links, once indexed, would provide the most benefit, plus they have a better chance of staying within the index due to content, so for longevity purposes, contextuals are king.

In regards to how I actually build or set up my campaigns, I would need to answer this question at a later date as I dont have alot of time on my hands right now, I apologise.