Skip to content

Is this high RAM usage normal for SER?

It used to work fine a few months ago with the same settings but lately, after 30 minutes, my computer reaches 95% RAM usage with only 150 threads...I have 4 GB RAM and in less than 1 hour it becomes unusable...is this something normal for SER or something else is wrong?
With no more than 10 threads, at first it is at 35% RAM usage and slowly increases until it kills my computer..any ideas why?

Comments

• You need higher machine it seems.
  • I used to run 300+ threads with the same machine a few months/versions ago..so that is not the problem here...
  • The issue might be any of the following -
    1. Projects are too heavy (Too many articles/keywords etc)
    2. Your CPU is not powerful enough
    3. The program might be prioritized as "High"/"Realtime" by your computer. As a result it's allocating more power usage to GSA. You can check that using Task Manager.
  • Did you recently updated the windows to win10? Because I've been having lost of RAM issues with win 10 lately.

2. You might have infected by malware , so make sure that's not the case. I recommend malwarebyte for clearing pc malwares. You can get the free code from youtube if you needed.

3. Make sure to close your browser or idle taps. Chrome specially uses RAM crazily.

Hope you can solve your issues
  • Thanks guys for the tips, I will see if there is anything else I can do, the CPU is not the issue, is never too high. But is weird how it starts with 200MB RAM used and rises to more than 1 GB, in less than 1 hour, with nothing else running on the computer
  • the priority is set to "normal", should I increase/decrease that rating for SER?
  • @rogerw, no need to increase/decrease the priority :) The case might be your projects - Too many projects or too heavy projects with lots of content.
  • got it..only running 5-10 projects, simple blog comments, without verifications, very basic stuff..with 75 threads only it last 1-2 hours until RAM usage reaches 85% and the computer is unusable...any more suggestions?

thanks!
  • rogerw

having same issue with recent version. using only for posting and verification. 500 threads 64gb x2 server and lagging after 400 threads :/

going to tweak more. if i found somthing will share here/