Skip to content

Remove Parentheses Around Anchor Text In Articles

The anchor text in my articles have parentheses around them.

Under the article manager for the How to Link option, I have "Just a link at a random location" selected. No other options in this section are selected.

How do I get the parentheses removed?

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    post a sample please.
  • I forgot to mention that it's not in all of the articles, but it is for a lot of them.

An example would be the anchor text (click to read) posted within a sentence in the article. Such as the following:

This is an example (click to read) sentence in an article.
    this "click here" is an generic anchor text that you have chosen in project options to appear in XY % of submissions. If you do not want this, uncheck the anchor text type.
  • Is there a way to have the generic anchor text without the parentheses?

I just checked my generic anchor text list again and none of the anchors have parentheses around them, so I don't understand why the parentheses are showing up in the articles.
    so you do not want to have the generic anchor in brackets together with your original anchor text? There is an option called "Try to use domain/generic anchor with main anchor" that you have to turn off.
  • I already have that option turned off.

I just want generic anchor text without the parentheses around it to avoid footprints. I still don't understand why the parentheses are being included when there is no option for it.

Here is a screenshot of the options I have selected.

Could it be the "Anchor text variations" option that is causing the parentheses?

Do you see this on Test/Preview or actually life on sites?
  • I see it live on sites and on the preview it says [ANCHOR_COMES_HERE].
    can you send me the project backup?
  • I went ahead and checked the "Partial match anchor text" option and moved the generic anchors to that text box. The parentheses seem to no longer be posted around the anchor text, so I will just use this option instead from now on.
    Well that is not fixing the problem for others (if there was one). It would still be nice if you can provide the project with the settings/content that produced the wrong anchors.
  • I just sent you a message with the project backup.