Skip to content

.ser File Restore

I am trying to restore a .ser file and I get an error that says:  "Unhandled Archive Type", and the restore fails. What is an "Archive Type" and how do I make this work?.  The file containing the .ser file was unzipped and then the .ser file was used for a new project.

Comments

• 1. You might be using the archive instead of the actual .ser file. 

2. If 1. isn't the case I guess the .ser file got somehow corrupted when you put it inside an archive...and I don't know if there is anything you can do about it if it is corrupted.

That's all I got :P
    I hope you fix your issue.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If it's corrupted, you can try to repair it when renaming it to *.zip and use any packer that can handle it (like 7zip, winrar).
  • I tested it with 7zip and it was ok
  • I got the file from Asia.  He ran it and it was ok
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited June 2015
    @Walt,

I responded to you on this but you never came back to me to say it is fixed or not, i even did a screencast showing you your zip file is fine, it is by coincidence i stumbled on your thread here.

The zip file i send you is 100% working, you saw that in the video i send you. I suggest you try downloading it again using another browser or something.
    Once you download the zip file i send you simply right click it and select extract all. Then inside that is your restore me file, don't try to open that.

The restore file you should restore by right clicking in gsa ser project window  \ modify \ restore and then select that file, it will restore all for you.

If that dont work for you, you can contact me and i will place the restore.ser for you as a dropbox download so it is the raw file.

Please respond to the email i have send you.

• Responded to email.  Restore worked. Thanks
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @Walt - no problem glad you got it sorted out