Skip to content

SquidProxies issue

GipsyKingsGipsyKings My Own Server
edited June 2015 in Need Help
Hi All ,

I've used squidproxies and their private proxies were working great especially for decoding Recaptcha with CaptchaTronix about 40% success rate but recently about 2 days ago they have assigned new private proxies for me , Now I've Zero success rate and very complicated recaptcha, What I've noticed is that these new proxies are listed in spam sites , I've tried contacting them but their website doesn't work " Critical Error , Could not connect to the database " , Any Tip to help with this issue ?

Thanks in advance .

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    what spam sites?
  • gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    I think he is referring to stopforumspam, project honeypot and the like.
  • Squidproxies were like that for me as well. One month went without problem. The next month I had to keep asking for proxy change. Then the next month was OK again.

The customer service was very friendly but finally I cancelled the subscription and looked elsewhere.
  • GipsyKingsGipsyKings My Own Server
    TheGypsy , Which provider do u use now ? Is it affordable like SquidProxies ?
  • TheGypsyTheGypsy Madrid
    edited June 2015
    My subscription with Microleaves just ran out. I'm going with Instantproxies next and see how it goes.
    The best thing you can do is to try out a couple of providers to see which one suits you best. If you don't like it just go for an another one.

You have to keep in mind that quality proxies cost money. It doesn't mean that all that are pricey will be good, though. People said good things about buyproxies some time ago. However, you shouldn't trust internet marketers nowadays :D

• gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    edited June 2015
    Proxies have 0,2x-3s lag time on standby mode, but mostly around 0,3. I've seen some guys running around with 0,01 ms proxies.

I'm with instant proxies, 25+20% dedicated proxies

Results with SER running on 300 threads(10 threads/proxy)

http://pastebin.com/Ubqy7zH6

Same proxies in scrapebox test, just after the ser test, note only ser used the proxies during the test

http://imgur.com/7k7DUZB
  • I have been with squid, but am looking to change as well. despite many change requests to US or CA, they keep assigning Romanian proxies that mostly are listed in stopforumspam. Any advise would be great. Thanks
    @navinb , Same here.
    Update : Their website has come back and they allocated new proxies set after submitting a ticket , The issue is the same , Very complicated Recaptcha that can't be solved although running only 100 threads with 50 private proxies :(
  • @navinb sooner or later private will get blacklist because we have limited number of proxies. What about backconnect proxies? i see many service offers rotate proxies like they have 30k proxies in their database.
  • @cloudscraper - any suggestion on backconnect proxies? haven't tried any, but if any are good will give it a shot
  • May others disagree but I personally really like ProxyBandit's proxies. They are cheap hassle free and great for scraping google. I haven't tried any other provider so my opinion isn't without bias but you can try them out for free and see if that works for you or not.
    TheGypsy , How many ports do you use ? How many threads do u run per second for scraping ? Do u use these proxies for submitting ?
  • edited June 2015
    go with http://proxy-hub.com/ it's best for GSA.

better if you use to post on PRe defined lists and if want to post on scrape and post method then tweak settings for the usage of delays,timeouts and threads according to that to work better.
  • @GipsyKings Sadly I've just received an email from ProxyBandit explaining they are closing the service.
    But to answer your question I don't do any heavy lifting with the proxies. I run with the recommended ratio of 2-3 thread per proxy and they worked just fine.
    I tried to use them for posting too but it didn't work well so I stayed with some private ones for posting.