Skip to content

What are the best ways to import each type of site lists into GSA?

turkishfellaturkishfella United Kingdom
Hi guys, I am quite new on GSA but already have learnt most of the things.

The only thing makes me confused is adding new site lists. I have two questions on those:

1. I bought new verified site lists from Trevor Bandura and end up a bunch of .txt files (not .sl files) and I don't have any idea how to import them as there are so many ways to add them, could you please help me about that? I know if it's an .sl file, I can simply import them from "Import URLs (idetify platform and sort them)", right? But when there are so many (already categorised) .txt files, I am stuck :(

2. My second question is that when we add a new site list, does it wipe out the default sites in GSA and replace them with the new verified ones or just adding them as addition to them? I already have a verified lists from my last months GSA process, I don't want to lose them.

Thanks in advance guys and I hope someone can help me.

Comments

• turkishfellaturkishfella United Kingdom
    Hi again guys, I found the solution for my 1st question, thanks anyway. I was wrong, "Import URLs (idetify platform and sort them)" option was for .txt site lists. "Import URLs" option is for .sl site lists.

However my 2nd question still remains as it was. I would really appreciate if some of you guys help me.

Thank you.
  • gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    SER appends(extends) your existing files when it is working with verifieds.
    If you had 100 General Blog entries in your verified text file, then SER will continue to put more lines in there.

Blog comment - General blogs.txt
    1. x.com/1
    2. y.com/2
    100. z.com/3
    101. new entries

People recommend cleaning out your verifieds on a regular basis, incluiding deduping urls, domains. Even removing your monthly data from your verified folder and rerun them to clean out dead sites.
  • turkishfellaturkishfella United Kingdom
    Thank you gsa8mycows ;)