Skip to content

How to ensure GSA only uses Anonymous Proxies

Could you please tell me what are the best settings when using public proxies to make sure GSA is using Anonymous proxies?

I have had an abuse complaint on my VPS IP, so proxies are leaking perhaps?

These are my settings - I would appreciate any tips to ensure GSA uses the Anonymous ones - thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

That setup looks good except that you maybe want to delete bad proxies after a longer time to maybe retest previously bad proxies.

500 Threads seem to be a bit too much in my eyes.

And you have way too many proxies in the list as well...that makes it a bit too slow. I guess that "delete bad proxies" option was just enabled.

• Hello again @Sven

I just had another abuse complaint on my vps. I have settings as above with your suggestions. I also always have "Stop projects on no active proxies" checked under options.

Is there a way to get rid of proxies that GSA is not sure if it is anonymous or not? Could this be the problem why my IP is being leaked?

Could you please tell me which settings must be checked (throughout the software) to ensure GSA will not post if there is a possibility the proxy is not anonymous?

Thank you

the screenshot about proxy testing looks ok to me. However keep in mind it's still a public proxy...you can never tell if they do not track you.

Anyway I guess your proxy setup on main options might be wrong. Please post a screenshot about that.

• I use port scanned proxies in SER. I check proxies for anonimity 3 times using 3 different softwares. Than i put proxies in SER and thats how it should be done to be safe.

Btw when it comes to public scraped proxies. You will get tons of proxies from china, and these proxies are very slow so you wont get high LPM in SER.

Here is mexela gig on fiverr:
    You can get 5 shared proxies for 5 bucks. Thats pocket money and that should be enough for starting.
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks for the replies.

I have used GSA with private proxies, but I wanted to see how it went with public ones. I'm getting a good number of links being built because I am able to increase the threads to more than I can do with private proxies, but I might go back to private. See how this goes - i was hoping to keep my ongoing costs down a bit.

Here is a screenshot of my main proxy options:

I am using a list service that uses the search engines function which is why there are no proxies checked there. I am not using GSA for scraping targets (unless you count the list service).
  • I will give the fiverr gig a go also - thanks.
  • gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    Really consider private/shared proxies for posting. My vps provider suspended my vps for receiving a stupid abuse complaint. Then I had to go on and explain what I'll do to avoid it again. They reinstated the server, but I will cancel it anyway.
    This looks good to me. I can at least not see why your IP should leak (only to search engines, but that should not make a problem).
  • edited May 2015
    @saffie, maybe you get abuse for port scanning (proxy checking)