Skip to content

Ranking French keywords in Google.fr any different ?

edited May 2015 in Need Help
I was wondering if the process currently of ranking French keywords in Google.fr would be any different from ranking say an English keywords in Google.com ? Like would I still create tiers ? A bunch of tier 1's with French content that have exact anchor text keywords pointing to my money French page, and then create tier 2 with french content pointing to tier 1 with LSI anchor text keywords ?

I mean is it really the exact same process or is it possible that you can go about ranking in Google.fr in another way or skip steps ? I'm about to start some campaigns and trying to figure out which all ways I should test. (I've never really had success when I tried Google.fr in past)

Comments

• gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    It should be the same process. Links over links. Not just quantity, but some of them have to be quality to matter.
    How you structure your link building is up to you. But you can surely try with tiered links and link networks.
  • When you want to rank abroad, you rank on Google since its the mother site and it will rank abroad to Googles international sites as well as bing, yahoo, etc.

So all you need to do is focus on ranking on page 1 of Google.com I had a client on google.co.nz ranked on google.com and it pushed the rank over to co.nz

Thats how it works. So build your tiers as you normally would
  • Yeah that's what I assumed @nycseo but just to clarify all my backlink creation should have French content correct ? When possible that is, not just putting my anchor text in French right ? 
  • You can use any anchor text you want it's still going to rank under your primary keywords regardless what languge it's in
  • but shouldn't all the content on my article/wiki ect. type backlinks I create be in French when I post them ? 
  • There are some hidden SEO rules, e.g for french keyword you need chinese content  :O)
  • I can get these lower competition French keywords to page 2 of Google.fr  but I can never seem to get them to page 1  so I feel like I'm missing something.